PSP2/NGP Discussion

Eros

Aspiring Trainer
It has been announced!

I've never really been a big fan of the PSP, but I'm liking the looks of this so far. The backtouch screen sounds like it could add some pretty cool (or possibly gimmicky) game play mechanics. The graphics are being compared to a PS3, however it would be hard to do a proper comparison with the small screen on the NGP. Also, 3G connectivity? I'm almost sold. I just need some good games announced and the deal will be done.

Discuss!

EDIT: Developers currently onboard for the PSP2/NGP

Two cameras and a touchscreen? That Sony, always innovating.

3DS just looks like a better waste use of money to me. Maybe if they announce something OMGAMAZING for it I'll consider getting one at one point, but otherwise meh.

Zenith said:
Two cameras and a touchscreen? That Sony, always innovating.

Zenith, please stop reading my mind.
But uh, yeah. Nothing mindblowing, I'll probably stick with the 3DS.

This is pretty amazing and would like to try it out and see how it would compare with the 3DS. I am guessing this PSP will cost more then the 3DS because of the enhanced graphics and the new features. I am looking forward to this and hope that we get more information soon.

"THE NEXT INOVATION BY SONY THE 3DPSP" this is the future folks....they just keep getting more and more original with there ideas :p

I'm also with 3DS. Sony always copies DS, but now with cameras and touch, omg.... Can't they just think of something better, geez... And they are wondering why was DS Lite beating the PSP on Top Sales all the time.

Cuz Sony copies, Nintendo inovates^^

Update: My excitement has dissipated after a few announcements, one being the announcement of the 3G not being included unless you buy a separate model. Sigh.

On topic: I believe that both Sony and Nintedo make good handhelds/consoles and that both the PSP and DS are necessary. I wouldn't call touch screens a complete DS copy. I believe that touch screens and handheld gaming go hand and hand now a days and Sony used it because of that. Look at the success of iPod and iPad gaming. If you're going to say they're copying anyone, you should say they're copying Apple.

The design needs to be a bit worked on IMO. I was also hoping for the screen to be a bit bigger.

^ first i was saying that a 3d psp is gonna be the next thing that they will come out with. and they arnt copying? yes they are dsi. 2 cameras and a touch screen.

Wow, Sony, if this would've come out when this technology was considered 'revolutionary', I would've been impressed. Sadly, I'm not.

Cuz Sony copies, Nintendo inovates
Because Nintendo refuses to put good graphics on their consoles, Sony doesn't.

^ Did you see the quality of graphics on the 3DS? They rival the Wii's, thats what i believe.

Quoting isn't working for me so, @catutie: Just because someone is a first to do something in his field, it doesn't mean that everybody ahead of him has copied his ideas. The problem with discussing this topic at this forum is that more than 90% of the people on this forum are Nintendo fanboys. Don't deny it, because it's true. To you guys, Nintendo is God.

Eros got it pretty correctly. This is an age where touch screen is a necessity in handheld consoles. I'm not saying the 3DS is not any good, because Wii graphics are pretty impressive for a 3DS, but near-PS3 graphics for a PSP2 is much more impressive imo.

Both consoles have some pretty awesome stuff to them, the 3D being for the 3DS, and the NGP has some great graphics to it, along with some of the most popular games on the PS3 appearing in the revealed game list, such as Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, and even Little Big Planet for the non-shooter/adventure type people. That's just a BIT more impressive than the 3DS's line up of games. The two consoles quite frankly provide two different ends of the same line when it comes to games. DS provides a much more adventure/puzzle/rpg type line-up, while the NGP seems to be more shooter-based (of course this is just at the launch, plenty games of all variety will come out eventually).

^ sony has always copied. was the move really necessary no, no it wasnt. and to make it THE SAME is kind of cheap. 2 cameras and a touch screen. it may not have the second screen but it still has that touch screen. they could have taken it a whole different direction. could have included internet as a basic feature. 3g as people have said but no they put touch screen and 2 cameras. and i dont care really about graphics. it matters how the gamplay is and how entertaining it is. it can have life like graphics but if its just mediocre who cares. that has always been nintendo, who cares about graphics its about the experience. and yes i do like nintendo over sony or microsoft because ya of the inovations. at least microsoft came up with the kinect. it wasnt just a carbon copy of the wii like the move. just admit it sony loves to copy others. sure they have amazing graphics but if its not anything new and has already been done before who cares.....sorry just...i hate sony.

Lenny said:
but near-PS3 graphics for a PSP2 is much more impressive imo.
Yes I as well agree.

The 3DS has updated graphics from the previous DSs but it is nowhere close of being the same as the graphics that the PSP 2 has.

catutie: Would you be happy if your new NGP isn't keeping up with times? You can't copy something that's basically become standard. You see touchscreens on everything now. Might as well say everything with a touchscreen has copied Nintendo. You're just being biased, and your fanboyism is too large to admit it. In a way, Nintendo is copying Sony, with the analog nub.

Also, Sony is innovating. Touchpad on the back? PS3 graphics on a handheld? 3G on a gaming machine? Do want.

Back