Question about preordering video games.

Afro-G

League of Legends: GabTheLacMan
I was planning on preordering Kid Icarus: Uprising because I've heard when you preorder it, it comes with an exclusive bonus, and why not take something that's free if you get the chance, am I right? =P

My question is, when you preorder a game do you have to do it in a certain amount of days/weeks ahead of time? I think I read somewhere that as long as you preorder a game at least one day before it's released then you're all set. Is this true? I always assumed if you didn't do so about a week or so in advanced then you lose your chance. So yeah, just a question that has come up a few times for me. I thought I'd ask here because someone's bound to know the correct answer.

I'd hate to make my mom drive me to Gamestop today just to find out I can't preorder it because I waited too long. >.<

Thanks in advance!

It's different for different stores. Usually pre-orders are due a week or two in advanced. Some places will just reserve a non pre-ordered one for you, with the down payment. However in those cases. you will likely not get the bonus unless there are extras.

I would go down asap, or call.

Jay said:
It's different for different stores. Usually pre-orders are due a week or two in advanced. Some places will just reserve a non pre-ordered one for you, with the down payment. However in those cases. you will likely not get the bonus unless there are extras.

I would go down asap, or call.
So it sounds like you don't have a definite answer but I could very well be too late for getting the preorder bonus, sadly. Thanks for your input.

Anyone else out there that might have another answer?

All I can really say is that it was said on Nintendo Week that you needed to preorder Kid Icarus one day before it comes out, as you said. But if possible, I'd definitely get there soon, as well. Stock could perhaps be preordered out soon. But with GameStop, you can preorder online and have it ready at a store within 48 hours, I believe. Something like that. "Pickup@Store"

Gamestop and Best Buy allow preorders up to the day before the game is released. If you preorder today you'll be fine.

I've only pre-ordered 2 games before, and only one of them had a free pre-order gift with it (Pokemon Platinum w/ free Giratina game case), so I can't really provide good, reliable answers, but if you ever have to pre-order a game, do it at Gamestop. They are really reliable, and it's the number 1 stop to pre-order a game, as they always have pre-order gifts with everything, and nearly every game you can pre-order there.

I had Skyward Sword reserved for so freakin' long that by the time it was actually ready to come out I had forgotten I'd reserved it.

But if preordering gets you some kind of bonus, it's possible the stock will run out before you put in your order. So it helps to do that asap.

Back