Rachael Lillis, the Voice of Misty and Jessie, Passes Away at 46

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Rachael Lillis sadly passed away on Saturday evening following a battle with breast cancer. The beloved voice actress was known to Pokemon fans for voicing Misty, Jessie, and Jigglypuff in the original 4Kids dub of the Pokemon anime.
The news was announced today by her co-stars Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart.
Eric Stuart, who voiced Brock and James, shared on his Twitter, “She was one of the funniest, sweetest, kindest people. My dear friend for so many years. Celebrate her life by watching OG Pokemon, especially Team Rocket, she will always be my partner in comedic crime.”
“I was lucky enough to know Rachael as a friend,” said Veronica Taylor on Twitter, who voiced Ash. “She had unlimited kindness and...

Continue reading...

So unfair, poor girl. Her Misty and Jessie voices are so memorable I could instantly replicate them in my head even if I went years without watching the show, and just the other day I was watching season 1 again with my 9 year old nephew so her voices will probably be memorable to him and countless other kids getting into the series over many generations too. I also had no idea she was Jiggs in Smash Bros and Goldeen as well.

I should also point out, the year Stan Lee passed away, 2 months prior to his death, Comic Con released a super limited edition Pop Funko Limited to only 10 made. Probably each were under $1000 or so. After his passing, 1 sold on ebay for $50k. I'm not making this shit up. Then, weeks later, the other ones listed started being listed for under $10k.

The point to all of this? Don't buy anything related to Rachael Lillis just yet. Wait a few weeks. Then you can get something at a reasonable price.

Back