Raging Bolt, Iron Boulder from Stellar Miracle!

I hate these future and ancient Pokemon so much. They all look terrible. I'm really hoping the next generation will be better than S&V. Have not been a fan of really any set outside of 151.
Some of them are better than the original forms tbh. Flutter Mane, Sandy Shocks, Roaring Moon, Iron Bundle, and Brute Bonnet are really good, and most past paradoxes and some future paradoxes are still decent.

Sometimes I feel like you're not aware of your biases and don't realize that it's a human neural reflex to prefer what we know well. Try to put your biases aside and you'll realize that the new Pokémon are cool too, maybe not as much as the old ones, but if we start with an open mind, we'll end up realizing that we like the new Pokémon as much as the old ones!

Some of them are better than the original forms tbh. Flutter Mane, Sandy Shocks, Roaring Moon, Iron Bundle, and Brute Bonnet are really good, and most past paradoxes and some future paradoxes are still decent.

Sometimes I feel like you're not aware of your biases and don't realize that it's a human neural reflex to prefer what we know well. Try to put your biases aside and you'll realize that the new Pokémon are cool too, maybe not as much as the old ones, but if we start with an open mind, we'll end up realizing that we like the new Pokémon as much as the old ones!I am entitled to my own opinion, and have decided that I don't care

Sometimes I feel like you're not aware of your biases and don't realize that it's a human neural reflex to prefer what we know well. Try to put your biases aside and you'll realize that the new Pokémon are cool too, maybe not as much as the old ones, but if we start with an open mind, we'll end up realizing that we like the new Pokémon as much as the old ones!
Let's agree to disagree regarding some being better than the original forms. I just don't share that opinion. That's not saying every single S&V Pokémon is terrible, but I don't care for majority of them. I like Ceruledge a lot. It's honestly just my least favorite generation. Before S&V that spot was held by S&M. To put it into perspective and to prove it has nothing to do with a bias towards the older generations, I like SW&SH and XY quite a bit. I just think that they fell short with this generation, especially the paradox Pokémon. Also not a fan at all of the legendaries/mysticals from S&V. That's ok though. Not everyone has to like them. I'll just hold out some hope that I'll like the next generation more.

I hate these future and ancient Pokemon so much. They all look terrible. I'm really hoping the next generation will be better than S&V. Have not been a fan of really any set outside of 151.
I also don't like the use of the legendary dogs as Ancient Pokémon as it's kind of a lore conflict. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune were Pokémon revived by Ho-Oh when their original selves were caught in the Burned Tower, obviously during a time when humans existed. How could there possibly by "Ancient" versions of the three before then?

(psst) the paradox forms were invented by an AI/came from a different timeline and aren't actually Raikou, Entei and Suicune from the past

Yeah like, needless to say it wasnt the case for everyone, but the paradoxes grew on me so much. I hated Flutter and Scream at first since Jiggly and Misdreavus are my favs from their regions but now I love em too. Future ones didnt do as much and some are still really cool but gotta admit they couldve done more with a couple of them.
Before S&V that spot was held by S&M.
Are Ultra beasts are part of the reason why? Perhaps not I dont think they were as hated as paradox but I do draw so many similarities back when they came out with these new SV ones. It just feels to me that whenever they go *bold* with the designs, like UB, paradox, ruin legendaries, loyal three; whenever they step outside of the comfort zone is when so many fans dont even give them a chance. It wont be to everyones liking thats for sure but I like that they dont keep it safe

I also don't like the use of the legendary dogs as Ancient Pokémon as it's kind of a lore conflict. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune were Pokémon revived by Ho-Oh when their original selves were caught in the Burned Tower, obviously during a time when humans existed. How could there possibly by "Ancient" versions of the three before then?
Hence the name "Paradox" Pokemon.

(psst) the paradox forms were invented by an AI/came from a different timeline and aren't actually Raikou, Entei and Suicune from the past
This was never confirmed.

They might/might not be from our own past or might/might not belong to our future. All what was confirmed is that they are pokemon from a distant past or a distant future in any non specific timeline (so no, they didn't come from an alternate timeline necessarily).

The AI didn't invent them either. Terapagos power is to make hopes and dreams a reality, that,'s why its called treasure of area zero.

Professor's treasure was to create a time machine, that's why Terapagos arranges the book exchange. If someone else had gone down, Terapagos would have made something different.

The underlying consensus is that Paradox Pokemon are speculative biology made into reality by extradimensional means. Nobody knows who thought them up, and the weird powers that made them a reality into the current SV timeline isn't really clear either. Basically just don't think about it too much.

I'm the exact opposite tbh, 151 was one of my least favourite sets, and sets like paradox rift and temporal forces are my favourite sets. And my least favourite sets is gen 1, whereas the later gens are my favourites.

I absolutely love the artworks on both of these. I have Iron Boulder ex, which actually means a lot to me, because the Terrakion EX from Dragons Exalted was the first EX card I've ever seen in person. I do also have Raging Bolt ex, which is really cool, as well. :)

Back