• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raichu BREAK/Raikou asking for help.

RuskeD

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there.

Recently there was a Pokemon that stood out to me (for no reason actually) , shining gracefully and made me feel like playing w/ him. That´s it, IT IS ZEBSTRIKA...No, just kidding.

I´ve been testing this deck for a while and wanted to share with you how good has it been doing. Raichu BREAK is actually doing good as a OHKO machine! GRAND BOLT --> BOOM

"Beat or get beaten...You better beat, got it?", Me talking to Raichu (2016)

I am trying to build this deck as competitive as possible since, my personal opinion, next season will be a bit more slow-paced in terms of game play and draw power.

Anyway, Raichu BREAK (4-3-3 line) is the main attacker followed by Raikou my front-line (ability which reduces damage). As you can see i need some time to set magnezone so that Raichu BREAK can attack without backfiring and lost energies to waste.

Zebstrika?!?! Yes, it is situation but can nullify any potential strategy your opponent might use to hold raichu back from attacking. ( I am talkin' to you Glaceon.....)

- My questions are in majority about trainer cards like, rough seas or sky field?
- Fisherman or Clemont?
-Would Jolteon-ex be a viable second attacker here?

It isn´t a surprise that Raichu BREAK gets destroyed by Lucario-ex / Machamp / Zygarde/ Regirock-ex / Grodoun-ex decks. That´s why i use 1 flash energy to help...somehow.

I will stop here cause it´s already late in my country and.....that´s it.
Hope you guys can share some of your thoughts and let me know what you think of Raichu and Raichu BREAK next season as well.

Have a wonderful day/night, bye!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 20

1 Blitzle BKP 48
1 Zebstrika BKP 49
2 Magnemite BKT 51
2 Magneton BKT 53
2 Magnezone BKT 54
3 Raichu BREAK BKT 50
4 Pikachu BKT 48
1 Raichu GEN 27
1 Raichu BKT 49
1 Raichu XY 43
2 Raikou BKT 55

Trainer Cards - 28

2 Rough Seas PRC 137
4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Wally ROS 94
3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
2 N DEX 96
1 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Clemont GEN 59
1 Energy Retrieval PRC 126
2 Brigette BKT 134
1 Evosoda XY 116
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
2 Lucky Helmet AOR 77
3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
3 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 12

8 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6
1 Flash Energy AOR 83
3 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I saw something somewhat similar to this after my Steam Siege pre release, I even suggested the 2 Raikou line for the deck and it helped a lot.

Rough Seas might be better for the potential card draws. Do you really need to have three extra spaces on the bench?

I say why not both Clemont and Fisherman, they practically work off of each other. Maybe remove Escape Rope and the two Lucky Helmets for a 2/2 line of Clemont and Fisherman.

I think Jolteon EX could indeed be a viable second attacker for the deck, that was what I saw with the deck I saw at the pre release. You might want two of them to make it work though, I would suggest the removal of Blitzle and Zebstrika. I would also personally suggest taking out the BKT Raichu for another XY/Gen Raichu. You might also test out running with only 2 Raichu BREAK.

You should have more than 1 Flash Energy if you want it to even have more than a small chance of coming up. If that one Flash energy is prized then you might not ever see it. At least one, maybe two more. The new trainer card Special Charge would help you retrieve those from the discard pile for use again.

If possible I'd find a way to get in at least 2 VS Seekers, maybe more. Though not necessary and certainly not easy to afford if you can get a Shaymin EX or two in there that could help with card drawing.

Back