• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raichu GX

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
Pokemon - 18
Raikou SHL - 3
Raikou BKT - 1
Pikachu BUS - 4
Raichu-GX - 4
Xurkitree-GX - 2
Tapu Lele-GX - 2

Trainers - 28
Professor Sycamore - 4
N - 4
Guzma - 3
Sophocles - 2
Ultra Ball - 4
Wishful Baton - 3
Choice Band - 3
Field Blower - 2
Brigette - 1
Fisherman - 1
Switch - 2

Energy - 14
Lightning Energy - 14

So, the gist of this deck is similar to Turbo Dark, where you use Raikou to accelerate energies on to the Bench and others to then break out Raichu GX to hit for the big numbers. I included a Breakthrough Raikou tech for Thunder Lance, which can still hit for big numbers in the meta. Another thing I brought along was 2 Xurkitree GX, since it puts out stable damage and can mill with Rumble Wire and Lightning GX, as well as wall Special Energy decks with Flash Head.

Maybe consider adding in one Tapu Koko GX for it's surprise GX attack? Raichu's GX attack is meh with Guzma in the format so I feel like Tapu Koko's GX attack is just better, especially for getting those OHKOs against decks that stack energy.

What about Xuikatree GX instead of Raichu SHL? Raichu SHL doesnt seem as good as Raichu GEN, so maybe 2 Xurkatree and 1 Raichu GEN

Maybe consider adding in one Tapu Koko GX for it's surprise GX attack? Raichu's GX attack is meh with Guzma in the format so I feel like Tapu Koko's GX attack is just better, especially for getting those OHKOs against decks that stack energy.
Yeah, I'll consider that. Although Xurkitree's GX attack can also prove useful in its own way.

I like the list. I’ve been play testing Raichu GX with proxies for the last few months. I found that 4 Raichu GX is not necessary. 3 is just right. Tapu Koko GX is a great tech. And one Raichu from GUR is an excellent non GX/EX attacker. Personally, I don’t use Raikou every game, so you might be able to make due with only one or two of them. Wishful baton didn’t work out for me, Choice band was better. Max elixir would be helpful to excelerate energy. Raichu isn’t a basic, but I always have a tapu lele or Raikou on my bench to attach the energy to. A one one Electrode line would help with energy acceleration too, especially if you use Xurkitree’s GX attack to add back the prize they took for knocking it out. I’ve found the deck is difficult to set up quickly, so the faster you can get energy on the board the better. But it’s totally up to you and what you think works best with your play style. Hope that helps.

I would cut the second Xurkitree for a third Lele, both Sophocles for a Wicke (I like Wicke better as a draw supporter; if you have a large hand you're getting good card draw and it's annoying to your opponents), and the 3 Wish Batons for three Exp. Shares (Exp. Share allows your to attach Choice Band to your Active Raichu, and if one or two get Field Blowered, it's not as big of a loss.) With the open spot from the second Sophocles, I would add a fourth Exp. Share. I prefer Float Stone to Switch but I can see why you might run Switch instead, since you need your Exp. Shares/Wish Batons and Choice Bands. I just noticed you don't have Super Rod or Stretcher in the deck; I'd cut the fourth Raichu for a Rescue Stretcher.

Hope this was helpful! :)

League Promo Pikachu (the EVO styled one) is better than the BUS one
Lele says Hi.

But I agree. That one would be a better option than the BUS one.
The better would probably be the one with a Coin Flip for Paralysis. So the one from Generations or the one from XY Base (also easier to get than the League Promo)

Now onto @GekkisaiDaiNi s comment. Oh boy.
I would cut the second Xurkitree for a third Lele
You could but 2 Lele work fine. If you want to cut something in favor of a third lele maybe cut one Raichu or the Fischerman (if you don't play Magnezone he ain't that great here)
both Sophocles for a Wicke
DEFINITLY DO NOT FOLLOW THIS STEP.
I play Ninetales. And Sophocles is an amazing draw support for these types of decks. Because with the Raikou you want Energy in the Discard. So Sophocles is a great option. My Draw support Line in my Deck is 4 N, 2 Sophocles, 2 Sycamore and 2 Kukui (that last one is just personal prefrence)
Also Wicke is not that great because you usually want to get your hand down before you play a Supporter. So Wicke makes little sense. If you want to shuffle instead of Discard play Shaunah.

I do agree with -3 Wishful +3 EXP Share (you don't want to stack that many Energys onto one mon anyway)

You might want to consider at least one recovery card like Stretcher. It can also be really useful if you need something specific in hand rn.

Else I kinda like your Deck. I would maybe considering cutting one Raikou. Maybe put in a Koko GX if you feel fancy. And i think you could possibly cut 2 Energys. But thats up to you. 12 is probably a fine ammount. Oh also because your deck isn't mill and pretty heavy on Pokémon. Cut one or both Xurkitrees. It would be fine as a one off. Oh also Max Elixir. How are you not running Max Elixir in this Deck? D:

Lele says Hi.

But I agree. That one would be a better option than the BUS one.
The better would probably be the one with a Coin Flip for Paralysis. So the one from Generations or the one from XY Base (also easier to get than the League Promo)

Now onto @GekkisaiDaiNi s comment. Oh boy.
You could but 2 Lele work fine. If you want to cut something in favor of a third lele maybe cut one Raichu or the Fischerman (if you don't play Magnezone he ain't that great here)

DEFINITLY DO NOT FOLLOW THIS STEP.
I play Ninetales. And Sophocles is an amazing draw support for these types of decks. Because with the Raikou you want Energy in the Discard. So Sophocles is a great option. My Draw support Line in my Deck is 4 N, 2 Sophocles, 2 Sycamore and 2 Kukui (that last one is just personal prefrence)
Also Wicke is not that great because you usually want to get your hand down before you play a Supporter. So Wicke makes little sense. If you want to shuffle instead of Discard play Shaunah.

I do agree with -3 Wishful +3 EXP Share (you don't want to stack that many Energys onto one mon anyway)

You might want to consider at least one recovery card like Stretcher. It can also be really useful if you need something specific in hand rn.

Else I kinda like your Deck. I would maybe considering cutting one Raikou. Maybe put in a Koko GX if you feel fancy. And i think you could possibly cut 2 Energys. But thats up to you. 12 is probably a fine ammount. Oh also because your deck isn't mill and pretty heavy on Pokémon. Cut one or both Xurkitrees. It would be fine as a one off. Oh also Max Elixir. How are you not running Max Elixir in this Deck? D:
Okay, I can definately get my hands on some Generations Pikachus. Two Leles is good at the moment. I can definately also cut a Xurk for a Koko. Another thing, I also happen to play Ninetales as a secondary to Volc. I run sophocles in both and find that it can get you out of a pinch in certain situations. Max Elixr I can also add. The EXP Shares I can get on immedeately. Is that it??? I think I covered all responses. Anyways, thank you guys for all the help!!!

Actually, the best Pika is the SHL Promo one. It was also available as a Target promo about a year ago and the same one as the cereal box one. It has 70 HP, and still flips for paralysis for a single Lightning Energy. I would cut both Sophacles, Wish Baton, and the 4th Raichu GX. You really want to play Max Elixir and 3 Lele to really make this deck work. Otherwise, you'd be better off straight up playing Turbo Dark. Xurkitree and Lele are good Max Elixir targets, and EXP. Share is another really good card here. Wish Baton never really compared to EXP. Share since it had to be on the active mon, where Choice Band usually needs to be to take KO's. EXP. Share doesn't get in the way and more or less forces your opponent to use their Field Blowers. I personally like 1 Rescue Stretcher to grab maybe a Raichu if you discard all of them or need an extra one on the field, and is a more versatile space than the 4th Raichu. I don't know exactly what you should cut for Elixirs, since I haven't playtested much with Raichu yet.

So here is my list. Tell me what you all may think.

Pokemon - 18
1 - Oranguru - 1 (His ability has really helped me in a pinch)
1 - Pikachu - XY202
3 - Pikachu - SM76
3 - Raichu-GX
2 - Voltorb - EVO
2 - Electrode - EVO
1 - Raikou - BKT
2 - Raikou - SHL
1 - Tapu Koko GX
2 - Tapu Lele GX

Trainers - 30
1 - Brigette
1 - Fisherman