Rainbow Rare Aerodactyl VSTAR from ‘Lost Abyss’

Don't know whether this is the correct place to ask this question. But I've been wondering the following thing: I'm a big Johto generation fan, and that being said, Feraligatr is my favorite pokemon ever. But why does e.g. Feraligtr never get a Ex/GX/V/Vstar/... card? I see all the different generation starters getting these cards, either in sets or as promos. But the Johto starters never get these kinds of cards. Is there an understandable explanation for that?
At least Feraligatr did get a couple of special card, i.e. Feraligatr Prime (HeatGold and SoulSilver) and Feraligatr ex (EX Unseen Forces). Serperior had no special card at all and no basic form either.

At least Feraligatr did get a couple of special card, i.e. Feraligatr Prime (HeatGold and SoulSilver) and Feraligatr ex (EX Unseen Forces). Serperior had no special card at all and no basic form either.
Well serperior did come out after prime and ex were done

Rainbow rare cards are at this point pretty much just filler. Maybe add 1 or 2 in every set and then do a gold rare every few sets
Also return the gold items to the Black&White/XY formula where the items themselves were gold and the border was gold
I miss that A LOT
Also Full art cards and Alt arts can stay but rainbow rares should get toned down a lot

Don't know whether this is the correct place to ask this question. But I've been wondering the following thing: I'm a big Johto generation fan, and that being said, Feraligatr is my favorite pokemon ever. But why does e.g. Feraligtr never get a Ex/GX/V/Vstar/... card? I see all the different generation starters getting these cards, either in sets or as promos. But the Johto starters never get these kinds of cards. Is there an understandable explanation for that?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657334644877.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657334644877.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 16
Gold and Silver are in kind of an awkward spot because they got their remakes immediately before Black and White, which was when the TCG had its last major overhaul, pushing the Johto-centric cards outside of Expanded format. Every other generation got a remake or started after the change.
That does make sense. What a bummer :(
We need Let's go Johto coming out or something like that!

Back