Ruling Rare Candy And Stage 2 Abilities From The Hand

LinX336

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, perhaps one of you can clear this up. Basically I was playing ptco and an oppent used a rare candy on a zubat and used the crobat's PHF abilty to drop 3 counters on my pokemon. Reading rare candy it says from the hand. I'm just wondering as the online game isn't always spot on. Is this right? Could I Rare Candy a Togepi to use Togekiss's ROS ability to energy accelerate. Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Cheers guys :)

Last edited:
Togekiss-Roaring-Skies-46.jpg
Crobat-Phantom-Forces-33.jpg
Rare-Candy-Primal-Clash-135.jpg

Ok sorry that's the first time I've done that. The scan are a bit big but the question remains. Can I use a pokemon's ability if it's been put down with rare candy?

Yes, you may trigger the Abilities. Even if you're using Rare Candy, the Pokemon is coming from your hand. Thus, it fills the requirement for the Ability to be used. On the other hand, you wouldn't be able to if you use something like Evosoda, where the Pokemon's never in your hand.

I see. I only wondered as the online game is prone to glitches. This is interesting, as much as I want it to be, I don't think the Togekiss is playable competitively. Still thank you for clearing this up, it's something to bear in mind for the future.

Back