Ruling Rare Candy

blindedheart212 said:
Why though? If it counts as evolving? You wouldn't be able to evolve into Seadra on your first turn.

Effects of cards, attacks, and Poke-Powers are allowed to do things that the player on his own would not be allowed to do. They get to break the rules.

In this case, Rare Candy tells you to do something that would be illegal for you to do on your own (evolve on the first turn). You do it anyway, since the Trainer card itself was a legal play.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
You can't play trainers during the 1st turn...

The player going first cannot play Trainers on their first turn. The player going second can.

Chairman Kaga said:
blindedheart212 said:
Why though? If it counts as evolving? You wouldn't be able to evolve into Seadra on your first turn.

Effects of cards, attacks, and Poke-Powers are allowed to do things that the player on his own would not be allowed to do. They get to break the rules.

In this case, Rare Candy tells you to do something that would be illegal for you to do on your own (evolve on the first turn). You do it anyway, since the Trainer card itself was a legal play.

The player going first cannot play Trainers on their first turn. The player going second can.

That's all I need.

So, this works for Technical machine ts-1, correct? If so, then the professor in my league is wrong.

I said "the 1st turn", didn't I?

"First turn" can have two different meanings :)

darkoni said:
So, this works for Technical machine ts-1, correct? If so, then the professor in my league is wrong.

Yes, you can use Evoluter to evolve on the first turn. The evolution is an effect of the attack, which gets to break the rules.

Which is why I said "The first turn", and not "Your first turn" :)
I still win.

Actually, you lose, because there was no need to mention it since TC specifically said he was going second :D

Chairman Kaga said:
Which is why I said "The first turn", and not "Your first turn" :)
I still win.

Actually, you lose, because there was no need to mention it since TC specifically said he was going second :D
Take the argument somewhere else please. I just want information about the question I asked.

^ but your question was already answered.

Chairman Kaga said:
blindedheart212 said:

Right there.

If you are playing first limitations are:
No Trainers/Supporters,
No Evolving.

If you are playing second, you can't evolve from hand unless you RC. Because, Technically it is still the first turn of that Pokemon.

Actually if you go second you can evolve, because technically the pokemon have been out for a turn already, so yes you can evolve.

(One of the head people at a Battle Roads told us that.)

Shaymin of the skies said:
Actually if you go second you can evolve, because technically the pokemon have been out for a turn already, so yes you can evolve.

(One of the head people at a Battle Roads told us that.)

This is 100% wrong. You cannot evolve ANYTHING until your second turn, unless another card tells you to(Rare Candy, TS-1, etc.).

You should ask whoever told you this for a clarification, because either you misunderstood or they mis-spoke.

^ No, no, that's absolutely wrong.

Pichu evolves via poke-power to Pikachu which evolves into Raichu, but rare candy cannot evolve Pichu into Raichu beacuse Raichu does not indirectly evolve from Pichu.

Chairman Kaga said:
Yes, you can use Evoluter to evolve on the first turn. The evolution is an effect of the attack, which gets to break the rules.

Certainly if TM-TS-1 was attached to a pokemon its effect could be used on the first turn. But, on the first turn (that being the first turn of the player who plays first) Trainers can't be played, and TM's are Trainers unless someone knows something I don't.

QED

Back