• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Raticate/Garbodor

Sheriff_K

Eevee Breeder
Raticate/Garbodor:

Pokemon: 15
  • 4-4 Raticate BC
  • 2-2 Garbodor
  • 2 Sableye
  • 1 Emolga
Supporters: 34
  • 4 N
  • 4 Juniper
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Bianca
  • 4 Laser
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Catcher
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 2 Silver Mirror
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy: 11
  • 7x Dark Energy
  • 4x DCE
Strategy:
If you don't know how Raticate works, the concept is simple, Raticate reduces any Pokemon to 10 hp for only DCE+Energy and then the Poison damage from Laser knocks them out. You then use Sableye next turn to Junk Hunt Catcher/Laser to allow for another snipe next turn, and as Raticate has free Retreat switching isn't a problem.

If needed you can recycle the Hammer/Scrapper depending on the match-up with Junk Hunt. And the Silver Mirror is really useful for keeping your Raticate alive long enough to do something.

Changes:
-1 Trubbish
+1 Level Ball

Got tired of starting with Trubbish EVERY single time... >_<
And I don't always need Garbotoxin up.

I've been debating the Float Stone/Silver Mirror quantities, I've totally annihilated TDK using the Mirrors, but against non-TDK/Genesect it is a dead card, and Sableye's need the Float Stone to make things more smoothline. So I think 3Float/2Mirror is probably the best ratio..

Edit: Went up against a Flareon Deck (Top 8 Deck List, it may or may not have been James Good on PTCGO), and that Silver Mirror really saved my butt, but ultimately I lost cuz I didn't draw my 2nd Mirror in the end. Was down to 1 Prizes each.

Jon Avery said:
My question is this if you have a radicate with Silver Bangle attached doesn't it OHKO?

No, Raticate's attack does no base damage. It will always leave the defending Pokemon with 10 HP

Jon Avery said:
My question is this if you have a radicate with Silver Bangle attached doesn't it OHKO?

No I don't think it would, as Ratticates attack doesn't do damage, but rather inflicts damage through the attacks affect (so the attack doesn't do zero damage, it simply is a non damaging attack). Imagine that there are 2 types of damaging attack, direct & indirect.

Direct damage attacks have the damage stated in bold to the right of the attack, e.g. 40, or 20x. To these sorts of attack Silver Bangle or Plus Power would take affect adding 30 & 10 damage respectively.

Indirect attacks would deal damage or inflict conditions through the text in the centre of the card, e.g. "Flip a coin, if heads the defending pokemon is now confused," these sorts of attacks do not activate Silver Bangle or Plus Power, this is the category that Raiticates attack would fall into.

It can get a little more complicated than this but I think what I ave said is correct & explains your question.

My only thought with this deck is having an attacker that can hit everything what about Weavile? 1 Colorless hit everything on board for 10 damage?

Jon Avery said:
My only thought with this deck is having an attacker that can hit everything what about Weavile? 1 Colorless hit everything on board for 10 damage?

Weavile's a good option, Your others would be Dusknoir BRX (which allows you to move your opponents damage form one pokemon to another) or Cofagrigus PF (which allows you to KO yourself in order to place 3 damage counters your opponents pokemon) both of these leave you in the situation where you have used super fang on 3-4 of your oponents EX pokemon, then you can simply put 3 damage counters on your oponents pokemon taking 6 prizes in one turn. However your Garbodor will shut down these ability so unless you've saved a tool scrapper to use on yourself there useless.

I think that 10 damage to all your opponents actives is a good move, Weavile is a stage 1 meaning your going to have Sneasel out for a turn before you can use Hail, Your opponent will probably see whats coming & try catcher it up for the KO. So I think your best option here is to go with Uxie from the recent Plasma Blast, for 1 psychic you can "Put 3 damage counters on your opponents pokemon in any way you like", Hopefully allowing you to take multiphe KO's in one turn. You'd just have to replace a couple of dark energy with the blend which runs both Dark & psychic for Uxie to slide rite in.

Rushey said:
Jon Avery said:

Weavile's a good option, Your others would be Dusknoir BRX (which allows you to move your opponents damage form one pokemon to another) or Cofagrigus PF (which allows you to KO yourself in order to place 3 damage counters your opponents pokemon) both of these leave you in the situation where you have used super fang on 3-4 of your oponents EX pokemon, then you can simply put 3 damage counters on your oponents pokemon taking 6 prizes in one turn. However your Garbodor will shut down these ability so unless you've saved a tool scrapper to use on yourself there useless.

I think that 10 damage to all your opponents actives is a good move, Weavile is a stage 1 meaning your going to have Sneasel out for a turn before you can use Hail, Your opponent will probably see whats coming & try catcher it up for the KO. So I think your best option here is to go with Uxie from the recent Plasma Blast, for 1 psychic you can "Put 3 damage counters on your opponents pokemon in any way you like", Hopefully allowing you to take multiphe KO's in one turn. You'd just have to replace a couple of dark energy with the blend which runs both Dark & psychic for Uxie to slide rite in.

Thanks for the information but this isn't my deck just one I commented on lol

Back