• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rebirthing Phoenix Ho-oh / Hydreigon (not released yet in US)

Artoo-Detoo

"Delicious leaf is Delicious"
Some cards in this deck is not released yet in US, we just got them in Asia.

Pokemon: 16
4 Deino (2 NV {D} 2 BW5 {DRG}) preview link
2 Zweilous (1 NV {D} 1 BW5 {DRG}) preview link
4 Hydreigon (2 NV {D} 2 BW5 {DRG}) preview link (Primary attacker, 2 Hydreigon together = move energy anywhere I like)
2 Emolga BW5 {L} preview link (Just a flying Pikachu shaped dual ball :p)
2 Ho-oh EX BW5 {R} preview link (Those phoenixes love being in discard pile :D)
1 Mew EX BW5 {P} preview link (Copycat gonna Copy)
1 Darkrai EX DE {D} (For free retreat)

Energy: 15
4 Dark {D}
3 Psy {P}
2 Fire {R}
2 Water {W}
1 Metal {M}
1 Grass {G}
1 Thunder {L}
1 Fighting {F}

Trainer: 20
2 Random Receiver DE
4 Ultra Ball DE
2 Super Rod NV
2 Pokemon Communication BW
3 Rare Candy DE/HGSS
3 Switch
2 Dark Patch DE
2 Dark Claw DE

Supporter: 9
3 Professor Juniper DE
2 Cheren DE
2 Pokemon Collector HGSS
2 N DE

----------------------------------------------------------------------

BW5 cards translation:
9.jpg

Ho-Oh-EX – Fire – HP160
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Phoenix
This ability can be used 1 time during your turn if this card is in your discard pile. Flip 1 coin. If heads, attach 3 different Basic Energy cards to this card and play it onto your Bench.

[C][C][C] Rainbow Burn: 20+ damage. Does 20 more damage for each different type of Basic Energy attached to this Pokemon.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

22.jpg

Mew-EX – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Versatile
This Pokemon can use the attacks of all Pokemon in play as its own. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[P] Replace: Choose as many Energy cards attached to your Pokemon as you like, then reattach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

17.jpg

Emolga – Lightning – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Call for Family: Search your deck for two Basic Pokemon and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward. <-- the only purpose
[L] Static Shock: 20 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 0

40.jpg

Deino – Dragon – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[D] Roar: Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
[P][C] Power Breath: 30 damage. Discard an Energy card attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)

41.jpg

Zweilous – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Deino

[C][C] Crunch: 30 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard one Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon.
[P][D][D] Dragon Claw: 80 damage.

42.jpg

Hydreigon – Dragon – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Zweilous

Ability: Dark Trance
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a Darkness Energy attached to 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon.

[P][D][D][C] Dragon Blast: 140 damage. Discard 2 Darkness Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Retreat: 3
----------------------------------

The deck is not constructed yet, I got 90% of the cards in the list.
I can't find any interesting pokemon combo with the legendary Phoenix Ho-oh, I try Hydreigon, seems work.

Hydreigon line is the primary attacker and energy switch machine.
Use Juniper or ultra ball putting Ho-oh and basic energy into discard pile, use its ability to rebirth. (Four types of energy on it = 100)

Any thoughts?

All those different energies just makes this deck inconsistent IMO. I'd try to add more dark patches and perhaps try to focus more on certain cards like Hyperion and darkrai so you can use dark patch better.

Which energy in play doesn't matter for the NV Hydreigon and Ho-oh, NV Hydreigon makes them all into dark energy and the new Hydreigon can move the energy wherever I like. Mew can do that too.

I was considering whether to remove 1-2 types and replace with rainbow / BW5 blend energy.

Ho-oh can act like dark patch =]

why would you put blend/ rainbow in there if ho ohs attack only counts for different types of basic energy?

I just realized how nerfed Ho-Oh EX will be as energy acceleration once Shaymin UL rotates. Is there a BW Energy Switch?

RogueListers said:
I just realized how nerfed Ho-Oh EX will be as energy acceleration once Shaymin UL rotates. Is there a BW Energy Switch?

Yes, but haven't I said that 2 three head dragons = unlimited energy switch machine?

Artoo-Detoo said:
Yes, but haven't I said that 2 three head dragons = unlimited energy switch machine?

How is this true? You can only switch around the dark energies, although it seems you can switch the others because Dark Aura makes them dark. Dark aura makes all energies attached to Hydreigon Dark, not to other pokemon, so once you can't move the energy to another pokemon because once it leaves, dark aura's effect goes away, and the energy is now its regular type, so if not dark, cannot be switched. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Even if it did work, you would be able to move the energy to lets say, Mew EX, and then you couldn't move it back because it wouldn't be dark anymore.

I'd say:
Drop Mew EX, because I am certain you can't move energies to it and you need the right energy at the right time. Its a huge waste imo and with 120 hp, its REALLY easy to KO.
I think you should drop most of the random energy types for dark patches and since Collector will be rotated, I'm guessing this is unlimited, so add 1 collector, drop emolgas, add Ponts, and another candy. Special Darks are nice to have, and I think you should play SSU to reuse Ho oh as much as possible (Ultra ball and junk arm to discard him again then reuse him). Add Junk arms and Catchers as well to KO anything you want.

If you want it BW-on:
+1 Candy
-2 Collector
+1 N
-3 other
-2 Dark Claw
+2 Bianca
+3 Super Scoop Up
- 11 random energies because there is little chance you will actually attack with Ho oh (keep dark)
+ 5 Dark
+ 2 of both Blend Energy (for mew)
Blend energy is just better than all the random types.
I guess what you can do now is Charge up your Hydras depending on the situation and consistently attack with Dragon Blade or NV to get Kos. With SSU, you can bring up Ho oh, discard him, then re use it.
I think you should add catchers as well. They are a staple in most decks, but I don't know what you should take out for 2-3 of them. More Dark Patches are good if Ho oh fails.

Back