Reigniting your Poke-flair

MMAmonchan

Pokemon = Dota2
Ladies and Gentleman, I am currently in something of a Limbo. I am finding that unless I have cards in hand with an eager opponent across from me, I am not satisfied with the TCG. I love this game and always have, but there seems to be something missing. I no longer enjoy browsing forums, or PLAYTCGing online. To enjoy this game how I did months and years ago, I need a physical human being infront of me ready to talk. The greatest amount of fun I have had with this game in a month now was getting stomped by Mora the other day after a prerelease. League does not cut it. Going to other leagues does not fit my schedule.

So, I turn to you... When you get down on the game, how do you find a way to want to play as much as you want to want to play?

RE: Reigniting you Poke-flair

I don't play TCG, but I did VG style. I couldn't access wifi easily, so it blew... Until I found smogon battle simulator. I am a happy man. Sorry you can't feel satisfied.

To be honest, I just love the game. If you have the passion for the tv show and what you did when you was a child I think that pretty much works :) I think I always think of it as a children's card game so I'm always happy, whether I lose or not I still have a happy game. I play test a lot by my self and play online. I think to just remember how much fun it can be when it's not taken so seriously is a good key :)

Good game, by the way!

I'm sorry the game isn't always satisfying. I can't seem to get into playtcg either. I remember going through a period recently where I didn't care much for the game or this site. I bounced back later and probably always will.

You should quit your job and go to league on Thursdays.

I feel the same way in that I also feel the need to use real cards. First of all, people can use anything online, and make amazingly overpowered decks. Second, when I try to use Playtcg I end up having my computer lag at annoying moments.

I will say i've lost my 'flair' for the video games, they kinda bore me now. But, I still collect the cards (off and on) and go through phases. I'll never get rid of pokemon in my life. I love the characters and as an illustrator/artist ... I love the designs. :)

Take a break and let yourself relax and then try again. A lot of times, I'll overuse something, lose interest completely, leave, and then come back later and it will be good again.

MMAmonchan said:
Ladies and Gentleman, I am currently in something of a Limbo. I am finding that unless I have cards in hand with an eager opponent across from me, I am not satisfied with the TCG. I love this game and always have, but there seems to be something missing. I no longer enjoy browsing forums, or PLAYTCGing online. To enjoy this game how I did months and years ago, I need a physical human being infront of me ready to talk. The greatest amount of fun I have had with this game in a month now was getting stomped by Mora the other day after a prerelease. League does not cut it. Going to other leagues does not fit my schedule.

So, I turn to you... When you get down on the game, how do you find a way to want to play as much as you want to want to play?

I think maybe you should start to play more with friends possibly outside of league play and try maybe making weaker decks to play with at league but use older cards to make those decks more fun to play. I think this works because I was always laughing inside my head when people looked at me weirdly when I played a ninetails that was immune to exs. I hope my ideas help.:)

Back