Ruling reprinted cards...

in-the-ra

Lone Wanderer
i don't understand about the re-printed cards rule..
can we use old cards that has been reprinted?? or do we have to get them from the new sets??

ex: team rocket's hideout (TR) reprinted in ex-TRR

say like rare candy was printed in (SS) and also (EM) you may use rare candy from (SS) even though that set has been removed from the modified format and thats just because its been, reprinted it has to be the exact card so no useing rayquaza ex from (DR) just because it has been reprinted in (DX) as rayquaza ex but way way different cards

-Jesse2

Yes you can use reprinted cards. You can use TV Reporter from Dragon since it has been reprinted in POP2, same with Briney's compassion, etc.

But... you can only use an older card if it has the EXACT text on it. See the original TR Hideout doesnt say with "Rocket's" in their name, it just says 'Dark'

Hiya,
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30301
If you go visit the above link, you will find all the cards legal in the format, including reprints.
They only forgot to put Pidgeot from Expedition. -_- (Reprinted in pop2)

cya

I've read those just now...

That's means I can't use energy from Championship deck...
I remember someone said that I can use only the basic energy... (not from PB I guess...)

ALL RIGHT
so now i can use lots of my old cards.. (many of them are just energy cards but that's still good!)

Unless it's fake. Also, reprinted cards do NOT have to be the same pictur. When HL is too old, Chinchou will still be legal as it has the same HP, attacks in LM. Same for the Base Set Pikachu

Lucario4ever: Please do not spam. I am not directing it at that post above but you have replied to over 10 threads in this board. I'm not saying it is a bad thing but you dont need to do it all at once, seeing as some of those threads were almost dead topics.

Dark Ttar wasnt a reprint.

Fake cards cant be used in tournament play either way so it doesnt matter if they're reprints or not, you cannot use them.

If same art was a prerequisite, just about every reprinted card would be illegal. :p

And will HL Chinchou be allowed since it does seem to be an exact copy of the LM one?

Championship deck Energy aren't legal because of their backing and borders. Either that, or it's just plain not allowed because it's part of the deck. I don't know exactly.

Back