• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshiphlosion or Reshiboar

Professor Pokémon

Aspiring Trainer
Help me!! On Saturday is the biggest tournament in Austria so i need your advice which deck should i play from those both, maybe helping me with the deck list from Reshiboar.

So here is the deck list from Reshiphlosion:

4-2-4 Typhlosion (HS1 110)
4 Reshiram (BW1 113)
1 Mewtwo Ex (BW4 54)

2 Tropical Beach

4 Collector
4 Sage´s
3 Juniper
2 N

4 Junk Arm
4 Candy
3 Plus Power
3 Catcher
2 P-Com
2 Eviolite
1 Rod

11 Fire

Strategy: Normal Reshiphlosion deck, Tropical Beach is very good in this deck so i don`t want to take it out.

Maybe some other suggestion.

Reshiboar:

3-1-3 Emboar (BW1 20)
2 Reshiram (BW1 113)
2 Reshiram Ex (BW4 22)
2 Mewtwo Ex (BW4 54)
1 Victini (Fliptini) (BW3
1 Cleffa (HS1 17)

4 Collector
4 PONT
3 N
2 Juniper
1 Cilan
1 Fisherman

4 Junk Arm
3 Candy
3 Catcher
2 Switch
3 Heavy Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Retrievel

4 {C}{C}
8 {R}

Strategy: It is an simple Reshiboar deck so i don`t think you need an explanation

There's a new strategy for Reshiphlosion that I've been testing these days. With Druddigon.
You put Drudigon in front, he takes the damage and give you time to set up your bench with Typhlosion and Reshiram. After that you can kill anything with 140 or less HP with brave fire.

Why no Nintales in Reshi-phlosion?

I was debating about putting in Druddigon... Tired of freaking Cleffa doing NOTHING.

Setosama said:
Why no Nintales in Reshi-phlosion?

I was debating about putting in Druddigon... Tired of freaking Cleffa doing NOTHING.

I don`t play Ninetales because a 1-1 line is to bad i don`t get it out, and the 2-2 line is not better, because it`s an easy price with catcher

Slowbrother said:
There's a new strategy for Reshiphlosion that I've been testing these days. With Druddigon.
You put Drudigon in front, he takes the damage and give you time to set up your bench with Typhlosion and Reshiram. After that you can kill anything with 140 or less HP with brave fire.

I don`t play in my Reshiphlosion a Reshiram ex because when i fail the coinflip it gives two price card and i don`t play DCEs

Professor Pokémon said:
I don`t play Ninetales because a 1-1 line is to bad i don`t get it out, and the 2-2 line is not better, because it`s an easy price with catcher

I don`t play in my Reshiphlosion a Reshiram ex because when i fail the coinflip it gives two price card and i don`t play DCEs

My bad. When I said Brave Fire I meant Blue Flare.

So I should definitely play Reshiphlosion and not Reshiboar

I don`t know if Druddgion is so good in a deck like this, maybe it will help sometimes, but most decks play pokemon with 170 or 180 HP so i don`t think it supports me.

Professor Pokémon said:
So I should definitely play Reshiphlosion and not Reshiboar

I don`t know if Druddgion is so good in a deck like this, maybe it will help sometimes, but most decks play pokemon with 170 or 180 HP so i don`t think it supports me.

Well, that's why I use Reshi EX in my Reshiphlosion. He takes care of some huge HP fatalities. Also I always carry an eviolite with him, cuz if your coin fail you just take 30 dmg, so it's not the end of the world. Just retreat him and continue attacking with normal Reshis, just using Ex as finisher late game.

And also, believe me or not, I use Typhlosion Prime to take care of Mewtwo EX

Slowbrother said:
Well, that's why I use Reshi EX in my Reshiphlosion. He takes care of some huge HP fatalities. Also I always carry an eviolite with him, cuz if your coin fail you just take 30 dmg, so it's not the end of the world. Just retreat him and continue attacking with normal Reshis, just using Ex as finisher late game.

And also, believe me or not, I use Typhlosion Prime to take care of Mewtwo EX

Can you give me your current deck list

Professor Pokémon said:
Can you give me your current deck list

sure, here it goes:

Pokémon: 16

3 {R} Reshiram BW
1 {R} Reshiram EX (NX)
4-2-4 {R} Tyhplosion Prime HGSS
1-1 {R} Ninetales HGSS

T/S/S: 33

2 Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Pokegear 3.0
1 Revive
3 Catcher
2 Eviolite
3 Rare Candy
2 Plus Power
2 Junk Arm
2 Pokemon Communication

3 Sage's Training
1 Collector
1 Cilan
2 N
3 PONT
3 Juniper

1 Pokémon Center

Energy: 11

8 {R}
3 {C}{C} DCE

I think I just owe an explanation about a single Collector on this deck. Collector is a good card, no doubt about it, but is also a Supporter. As a Supporter I preffer to use Juniper, PONT , N or Sage's, because the chances to bring me the pokemon that I want is huge, also bringing me energy, itens and another supporters. For what its worth a bench full of Reshis and Cindaquils with Collector if your hand sucks? I should say that Collector is for an emergency.

Professor Pokémon said:
I made some changes:

-3 {R}
-1 Plus Power

+ 3 DCE
+1 Reshiram Ex

Good, good. There is no other way to discover how good this build is but testing it :p

If you can get your hands on a Mewtwo, you have another way of dealing with opposing Mewtwos...

I actually managed to pull 1 and am currently using it in my Reshi-phlosion Deck... Can't wait for Mew EX and Sigiplyh from the next set... Mew n particular since it's one of my favorite cards reborn. (Always wanted Legend Maker Mew ex back.

I think the way it generally goes is that Typhlosion>Emboar but Emboar does have it's perks, such as not taking damage when using the ability. Not as badly hampered when facing Vileplume/Gardevoir

Actually, I'd rather go with reshiboar. It can set energies really quickly and you only need one on the bench while reshiphlosion needs more typhlosions to work effectively. Plus with fisherman and such, you can set up reshiram EX or others in one turn, and it can use reshiram effectively as well.

Professor Pokémon said:

Has anyone actually ever Catchered Ninetales when you ran it? Cause now that I think about it, I can't remember the last anyone Catcher'd mine. I think Durant did once, but that was more to stall. (All my Typhlosions had two {R} on them.) I suppose my attackers had all the aggro, but it does make denying the prize a bit harder.

Mora said:
Has anyone actually ever Catchered Ninetales when you ran it? Cause now that I think about it, I can't remember the last anyone Catcher'd mine. I think Durant did once, but that was more to stall. (All my Typhlosions had two {R} on them.) I suppose my attackers had all the aggro, but it does make denying the prize a bit harder.

Yes most time i had my Ninetales out, he catcherd it and attack with his Thunderus or Tornadus with an PlusPower. My Typhlosions have no energies and my opponent catcherd every time my Ninetales to stop me to discard the energies and stop my drawing support.

Jirachi said:
Actually, I'd rather go with reshiboar. It can set energies really quickly and you only need one on the bench while reshiphlosion needs more typhlosions to work effectively. Plus with fisherman and such, you can set up reshiram EX or others in one turn, and it can use reshiram effectively as well.

Maybe I should play with Reshiboar, but I didn`t test this deck and one of the biggest problem is that Emboar has 4 retreat costs. The other problem is that i borrowed my second Mewtwo Ex.

Slowbrother said:

Why not just add plus powers? instead because for Drudigon's powers it has to be active you'd have a tough time retreating it. I think the new thing for Reshiphlosion deck's are plus powers for all the new EX or even stuff with 130 HP.

Slowbrother said:
sure, here it goes:

Pokémon: 16

3 {R} Reshiram BW
1 {R} Reshiram EX (NX)
4-2-4 {R} Tyhplosion Prime HGSS
1-1 {R} Ninetales HGSS

T/S/S: 33

2 Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Pokegear 3.0
1 Revive
3 Catcher
2 Eviolite
3 Rare Candy
2 Plus Power
2 Junk Arm
2 Pokemon Communication

3 Sage's Training
1 Collector
1 Cilan
2 N
3 PONT
3 Juniper

1 Pokémon Center

Energy: 11

8 {R}
3 {C}{C} DCE

I think I just owe an explanation about a single Collector on this deck. Collector is a good card, no doubt about it, but is also a Supporter. As a Supporter I preffer to use Juniper, PONT , N or Sage's, because the chances to bring me the pokemon that I want is huge, also bringing me energy, itens and another supporters. For what its worth a bench full of Reshis and Cindaquils with Collector if your hand sucks? I should say that Collector is for an emergency.

I run almost the same thing. I'd put in 1 or 2 Cleffa's to help you build your deck up. Probably more plus powers and I run 2-2 Ninetales just in case one gets prized. Also would help now would be Lost Remover because others are playing Torndus EX with Double Colorless. And I think I see why you need doublecolorless for Reshrimram EX I might run him in there because he's very powerful. -Pokegear and Juniper for 4 Plus Powers trust me they will come in handy..

I played with this deck:
1 Reshiram Ex
1 Mewtwo Ex
4-2-4 Typhlosion
4 Reshiram (regular)

4 Collector
4 Sage`s
3 Juniper
2 N

4 Junk Arm
4 Candy
3 Catcher
2 P-Com
2 Eviolite
2 Plus Power
1 Super Rod

8 {R}
3 {C}{C}

I managed to get the 4th place with this deck.

What I like about Typhlosion is that you have the energy recovery built in, saving space for other things. For example, a fourth Junk Arm and Catcher, an extra Plus Power, more draw power, whatever you find is lacking.

Charizard_Apocalypse said:
Why not just add plus powers? instead because for Drudigon's powers it has to be active you'd have a tough time retreating it. I think the new thing for Reshiphlosion deck's are plus powers for all the new EX or even stuff with 130 HP.

I run almost the same thing. I'd put in 1 or 2 Cleffa's to help you build your deck up. Probably more plus powers and I run 2-2 Ninetales just in case one gets prized. Also would help now would be Lost Remover because others are playing Torndus EX with Double Colorless. And I think I see why you need doublecolorless for Reshrimram EX I might run him in there because he's very powerful. -Pokegear and Juniper for 4 Plus Powers trust me they will come in handy..

About Druddigon, is just a new way and also unexpected, and this unexpected aspect makes the deck at least confusing for your opponent. Like last week, I had a battle against a very weird deck. My opponent set up 3 Ursarings Prime and start discarding. When I tho I was with the game completely in my hands, he starts to drop Durants, totally unexpected and make me change my whole strategy.

About Ninetales, I run just 1-1 because I see this pokemon like a bonus in this deck, like my last priority. If the game is going easy or my hand able me to get ninetales out, good, if not, good aswell.

Back