• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiPhlosion

Trexroarr

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, all! So I'm trying to work out a Reshiphlosion deck and this is what I came up with so far. I don't have many cards to work with, so this is the best I can possibly make it (I think), with the cards that I have. Obviously I need more Typhlosion Primes, Junk Arms, and Rare Candies. Any help is welcomed and appreciated! Thanks! :D

Deck List (60 Cards):

Pokemon (21):
4 Reshiram (BW)
3-3-2 Typhlosion Prime x1, Typhlosion x1 (HS/CL)
3-2 Ninetails (HS/CL)
1 Zekrom (BW)
2 Tyrogue (HS)
1 Cleffa (CL)

T/S/S (22):
2 Switch (BW)
1 PlusPower (BW)
2 Pokemon Catcher (EP)
2 Great Ball (EP)
4 Pokemon Communication (BW)
1 Junk Arm [TM]
3 Professor Oak's New Theory (HS)
2 Professor Elm's Training Method (HS)
1 Twins [TM]
1 Fisherman (HS)
1 Pokemon Collector (HS)
1 Interviewer's Questions (UL)
1 Sage's Training (UD)

Energy (17):
2 {C}{C} Energy
15 {R} Energy

Strategy:
Basically the same as every other Reshiphlosion deck. Reshiram is the main attacker, and Typhlosion Prime/Typhlosion is the secondary attacker. Typhlosion Prime is also the energy recovery power. Ninetails is the draw power, and third attacker. Tyrogue and Cleffa are the starters, and are great for stalling until you can set up. Zekrom is in not only as an attacker, but as at least some kind of counter to Water-type decks.

Changes:
- 1 Copycat
+ 1 Vulpix (UL)
- 1 Bianca
+ 1 Pokemon Communication
- 1 {R} Energy
+ 1 Ninetails (CL)
- 1 Potion
+ 1 Zekrom (BW)
- 1 Copycat
+ 1 Professor Oak's New Theory
- 1 Bianca
+ 1 Twins
- 1 Rainbow Energy
+ 1 {R} Energy

You need to run a 4-3-4 Typhlosion Prime no matter what. Copycat is a bad draw supporter in any deck that is not using yanmega prime. So you can take that out for a third Professor oak's and something else..take out the two bianca's for sages. They work better in this deck. Also take out the potion for a second junk arm to help get more useful trainers back. You also need to consider putting in three more collectors for consistency. Good luck

Sleeping Snorlax said:
You need to run a 4-3-4 Typhlosion Prime no matter what. Copycat is a bad draw supporter in any deck that is not using yanmega prime. So you can take that out for a third Professor oak's and something else..take out the two bianca's for sages. They work better in this deck. Also take out the potion for a second junk arm to help get more useful trainers back. You also need to consider putting in three more collectors for consistency. Good luck

I should take out both Copycats for two Oak's? Or just one? Unfortunately that's the only change I can make, as of my current collection. The rest, I'll definitely be doing in the future. Thanks.

The Rainbow NRG doesn't make sense anyway. And there are too many NRG's btw. Try this:

Pokemon (20):
4 Reshiram (BW)
4-2-4 Typhlosion Prime (4x Prime)
2-2 Ninetails (HS/CL)
1 Tyrogue (HS)
1 Cleffa (CL)

T/S/S (25):
2 Switch (BW)
3 PlusPower (BW)
2 Pokemon Catcher (EP)
3 Rare Candy (UL)
4 Pokemon Communication (BW)
2 Junk Arm [TM]
2 Professor Oak's New Theory (HS)
2 Professor Elm's Training Method (HS)
1 Fisherman (HS)
3 Pokemon Collector (HS)
1 Interviewer's Questions (UL)
3 Sage's Training (UD)

Energy (14):
2 ColorlessColorless Energy
12 Fire Energy

Thanks for the list. I don't have a lot of those cards yet, so I can't do that many changes, but I think I'm going to take out the Potion for either an Energy Search or another PlusPower, and I'm going to take out one Copycat for another Professor Oak's New Theory.

I run the Rainbow Energy because it counts as a Fire Energy when in play, and it puts 10 damage on the Pokemon that it is equiped to. In this case, Reshiram. It helps to power up Reshiram's Outrage attack.

Trexroarr said:
Thanks for the list. I don't have a lot of those cards yet, so I can't do that many changes, but I think I'm going to take out the Potion for either an Energy Search or another PlusPower, and I'm going to take out one Copycat for another Professor Oak's New Theory.

I run the Rainbow Energy because it counts as a Fire Energy when in play, and it puts 10 damage on the Pokemon that it is equiped to. In this case, Reshiram. It helps to power up Reshiram's Outrage attack.
Your not going to use outrage at all. Besides, it just increases the damage from 20 to 30.

pokemonjoe said:
Your not going to use outrage at all. Besides, it just increases the damage from 20 to 30.

Well since I only have the 1 Typhlosion Prime at the moment, I use Outrage a lot. I don't have enough energy recycling power just yet.

Trexroarr said:
Well since I only have the 1 Typhlosion Prime at the moment, I use Outrage a lot. I don't have enough energy recycling power just yet.
I think you should expand your decklist to include cards you don't have. It seems like your limiting yourself. If you edit your decklist like this, you know exactly what you are looking for. Also, you can still play the deck in leagues with proxies.

pokemonjoe said:
I think you should expand your decklist to include cards you don't have. It seems like your limiting yourself. If you edit your decklist like this, you know exactly what you are looking for. Also, you can still play the deck in leagues with proxies.

I'd rather keep the decklist as is. If I do that, then what's the point of asking for advice? It'd be finished already... lol.

Leagues let you use proxies? That's interesting. I'm going to be using this at Tournaments too, so no proxies there.

Trexroarr said:
I'd rather keep the decklist as is. If I do that, then what's the point of asking for advice? It'd be finished already... lol.

Leagues let you use proxies? That's interesting. I'm going to be using this at Tournaments too, so no proxies there.
Well, if you know what to do with it, why are you posting it anyways? It's much easier for people to give advice on a finished decklist rather than an incomplete one. And, leagues allow proxies depending on the TO

pokemonjoe said:
Well, if you know what to do with it, why are you posting it anyways? It's much easier for people to give advice on a finished decklist rather than an incomplete one. And, leagues allow proxies depending on the TO

Well I'm just looking for some advice on the current build of the deck.

Thanks to some good pulls in packs today, I was able to make the following changes...

- 1 Copycat
+ 1 Vulpix
- 1 Bianca
+ 1 Pokemon Communication
- 1 {R} Energy
+ 1 Ninetails

I edited my first post with an updated deck list. Keep the advice coming! :)

I say take out the Rainbow for another {r}. The rainbow you can't get back in ANY conventional way. So it's really pointless. The extra 10 damage with ONE rainbow isn't worth it over all. Plus that rainbow could hurt you against a Scizzor (I doubt he's common in your region, but it's still a possibility). You also need to clean up your supporter line. Like make all your draw supporters the same or as close to as few different ones as possible. Like you should be running Sage's Training, Oak's New Theory, Bianca, or Juniper only in this deck. So try to run a combo of these instead of one of everyone like you currently have. Good Luck.

Well, if Rainbow really is a problem, all you have to do is discard it via Blue Flare. And I think you mean Fire Energy, not Fighting :p.

Oops, I did mean Fire... And that'd be a waste of attack just to discard an energy. I just don't see the point in running one rainbow in this deck

I made some more changes to my deck list. I added in a Zekrom, just so that I have SOMETHING that can counter against Water-type decks.

try this.

4-2-4 typhlosion prime
4 reshiram
2-2 ninetales
1 cleffa
1 tyrogue

4 juniper
3 collecter
3 saege's
3 PONT
2 twins
4 junk arm