Reuniclus from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Reuniclus and its evolution line have been revealed from Japan’s Wild Force and Cyber Judge, which will release in Japan on January 26th. We expect the cards from these sets to become part of our Temporal Forces set in March.
Solosis – Psychic – HP40
Basic Pokémon
[C] Surprise Attack: 30 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 1

Duosion – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Solosis
[C] Double...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
These types of attacks have appeared a few times before, but this one definitely feels too slow and random.
That said, the second attack gives your opponent's Pokemon brain damage, so it might be playable.

Could be an interesting way to run lots of different stage 2s without having to include their pre-evolutions. Maybe a good GLC card?

this in combination with that new future supporter allows you to choose literally any 2 pokemon in the game to put on the top of the deck and dump them onto the board

Do people actually think this will see play? I highly doubt it. Obviously, the illustration is beautiful, though. I love Reuniclus.

Honestly, I don't think 120 HP Stage 2s should exist anymore unless their effects or attacks are absolutely bonkers. It frustrates me how single prizers are drastically less power-crept than multi-prizers.

Could be an interesting way to run lots of different stage 2s without having to include their pre-evolutions. Maybe a good GLC card?
And if you use it for stage 1 or stage 2 pokemon that means tm devolution couldn't devolve them.

Yes. it’s not evolved pokemon like you can’t tm devolution Archeops from Lugia vstar players bench

this in combination with that new future supporter allows you to choose literally any 2 pokemon in the game to put on the top of the deck and dump them onto the board

This is probably the only way so far to make any use of the card, but when you have to use your supporter for this instead of ensuring you set up the stage 2, there's gonna be times where you wonder what could be done better.

As far as general thoughts, we've seen this type of thing pop up before with Orbeetle, and Orbeetle was easier to set up multiple stage 2s than this can set up multiple pokemon. The pool of pokemon available doesn't feel too good on paper, either. I don't really see a deck using this going well at all.

Alt art is fantastic.

Back