'Rising Fist' Officially Announced, Several Cards Revealed! [5/14]

I don't see the point for Golem... Ok stage 2 but Donphan will be pain and better than Golem and is a Stage 1

With the release of Surprise Megaphone, new Duskull/dusclops, and now Korrina there is no reason why BCR WOULDN'T be rotated.

But has anyone else seen Hawlucha EX? His attack does 100 for F-C-C if theres a stadium in play. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the only pokemon that can actually discard a stadium, not replacing, is FLF Avalugg...but I don't expect any play of that guy. So no matter what a stadium will be in play. If it's Fighting stadium Hawlucha now does 120 damage to an EX. Then with 1 strong energy and 1 DCE, as the attack is F-C-C, it is 140 damage. With Muscle band its 160 and with laser its 170, maybe more if you took out FIghting stadium for Virbank.

While that does seem hard to achieve, having not many pokemon and energy, like a big basics deck, would make a lot of decent 4-of T/S/S lines. I'd also run Garb with him for pyroar/sigilyph and because retribution isn't that strong of an ability... I'd rather have my opponent's deck (which may rely on abilities) not have anything to work with in general.

I am so clenching my butt for the Machop family cards. We gotta get a playable Superpower Pokemon, right, boys and girls??

Strong Energy, huh? Seems they finally did what I suggested back when we got basic Darkness and Metal energy; well we got one special energy anyway.

So full art's confirmed are Lucario, Heracross, Hawlucha :( and Korrina.

Hopefully there's 3 more full art pokemon at least.

Did anyone see Hawlucha's Ability before it was corrected? That would have been insane... (for anyone who didn't see it, it read, "Whenever this Pokemon takes damage from an opponent's attack, put as many damage counters on the Defending Pokemon as that Pokemon did to this one." or something like that.

Maserati777 said:
So full art's confirmed are Lucario, Heracross, Hawlucha :( and Korrina.

Hopefully there's 3 more full art pokemon at least.

Hawlucha will probably not get a full art as its not in the actual Rising fist set, its a promo. Since the english set stated its 5 EXes and Hawlucha is probably one of them, it might mean we only get 4 full art EXes in the set. So its pretty likely they will release some supporter full arts, like Korrina. Full art Professor Sycamore and Shauna would be pretty nice too.

For the two remaining EXes I'm personally hoping for Rapidash and Suicune, but I doubt it. Just hoping its not another fighting-type. :p

I really hope that there will be some sort of Strong Energy acceleration for Lucario and Mega Lucario. With 3 strong energy on Mega Lucario EX, you could pretty much K.O. anything in the format. (with the exception of other Mega EX's) Plus, Isn't Lucario EX the only thing in the format with three attacks?

MrSquarepants said:
Hoping to get a full art Korrina! I mean we might not get one like how Elesa was skipped... (Cilan did too but I don't care about him)

Well, elesa was skipped because she was part of radiant collection...

I suddenly feel obligated to make a Serperior/Dugtrio Deck, even though it wouldn't be Tier 1. If Sturdy Crustle isn't getting rotated, that's another contender.

I think we will be getting Hawlucha EX FA, look at Reshiram/Zekrom in next destinies. Lot of people said they wouldn't get FAs but look what happened.

Updated Predictions

Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Golurk EX
Suicune/Zygarde/Landorus EX

Reggie McGigas said:
I think we will be getting Hawlucha EX FA, look at Reshiram/Zekrom in next destinies. Lot of people said they wouldn't get FAs but look what happened.

Updated Predictions

Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Golurk EX

I think a FA Hawlucha will be cool, but didn't Reshiram/Zekrom only get full arts in Next Destinies because they came out as promos in Japan? Moltres/Zapdos didn't get FAs in Plasma Storm and neither did Kyurem in Plasma Blast. I think if we're going to get a Hawlucha FA, it would either come out as a promo or a "secret rare" type of ting in the miniset/deck thing.

My predictions for EXs are
Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Heracross EX (Maybe Grass type)
Golurk EX (Psychic type)
Landorus/Machamp EX

steffenka said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Updated Predictions

Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Golurk EX

I think a FA Hawlucha will be cool, but didn't Reshiram/Zekrom only get full arts in Next Destinies because they came out as promos in Japan? Moltres/Zapdos didn't get FAs in Plasma Storm and neither did Kyurem in Plasma Blast. I think if we're going to get a Hawlucha FA, it would either come out as a promo or a "secret rare" type of ting in the miniset/deck thing.

Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Golurk EX (Psychic type)
Landorus/Machamp EX

No,Japan's FA Reshiram/Zekrom came out after the English versions, the first to do so.

steffenka said:
Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Golurk EX (Psychic type)
Landorus/Machamp EX

Hawlucha, Lucario, and Heracross are a lock.

Golurk and Machamp would be awesome. Poliwrath or Breloom would be top class too as water and grass type.

Hopefully a no to Landorus.

Reggie McGigas said:

Updated Predictions

Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Golurk EX
Why the suicune predicton? seems to come out of nowhere.

ninjajelli said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Updated Predictions

Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Golurk EX
Why the suicune predicton? seems to come out of nowhere.

Because Raiku and Entei recently had EXs and Suicune did not, I assume.

Reggie McGigas said:

Updated Predictions

Hawlucha EX
Lucario EX
Heracross EX
Golurk EX

Sure it could happen, but Reshiram and Zekrom is a bit different as they are the mascot of Black and White. Personally I don't think we will get any more fighting type EXes than Hawlucha, Lucario and maybe Heracross (could be a grass type too, as Heracross is usually a grass type in the TCG). Dark Explorers only had 1 dark type EX, and flashfire had Charizard.

Mega Heracross WILL be a grass type. This may be a fighting-type set, but the Pokemon Company knows it would be ludicrous for the only 2 Mega Pokemon in a set to be the same type. As for other cards, I can confirm that Snubbull, Granbull, Farfetch'd, Poochyena, Mightyena, Clauncher, and Clawitzer, since all of those cards were in the Kalos Starter Decks, but haven't re-appeared in the XY sets yet. Confirmed, Man.

I hope you're right GadgetJax, because I want those fairy Snubbull/Granbull fairys as reverse holos. Same with Clauncher/Clawtizer. That way they can go into my holo/reverse holo live card dex. This is also means we need a reverse holo Noibat.

Back