Ruling Rocky Helmet and Gengar Prime

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran

With regards to the other thread with the same name:

Does this mean Gengar is still the active Pokemon at the time that it takes damage, when it is knocked out?

That is, several events happen within a fixed time frame: Gengar taking damage, Genger getting KO'd, rocky helmet triggering, rocky helmet dealing 20 damage, attacking Pokemon getting KO'd. Does Gengar get KO'd after the attacking pokemon, so that his Poke-body is still active when the attacker dies?

I suppose this may apply similarly or differently to, say, Zekrom's Bolt Strike while the Zekrom has 100 damage on it applied to a defending Gengar Prime with 50 damage.

EDIT: Since I've seen acceptable examples of providing N scans with N links instead of direct images, my providing of N scans with N/2 links seems sufficient.

After all the effects of an attack are completed, THEN you check for Knock Outs. This means that all the stuff with the Rocky Helmet happens before Gengar is KO'd, meaning the opponent goes to the Lost Zone.

This situation is sorta like this, only a tiny bit different, so I think its still valid for explanatory purposes:
Q. If I use an attack that Knocks Out a defending Gengar with the "Castastrophe" Poke-BODY, but it also knocks itself out, does the attacking Pokemon go to the Lost Zone, or is "Catastrophe" no longer in effect when Gengar is KO'd?
A. Since both Pokemon are KO'd at the same time, Gengar's Catastrophe Poke-BODY is still working at the point when Knock Outs are evaluated. So the attacking Pokemon would go to the Lost Zone. (HS:Triumphant FAQ; Nov 4, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Hope this helps

Back