Saturday, 6/2, Redshark Feedback

AWESOME!

I can't wait to give this a try, I never really liked Apprentice so hopefully this will work better for me. ^ ^

Shame the big launch was a bit too late for all the kids. But glad to see you got it out tonight.

Hope it catches on with the public well.

I might be doing something wrong, but every time I send a card from my deck to my hand I get a fire energy too...

Well, it seems to be working fine for me, play-wise. Just one thing of concern though, unless you minimize your bottom bar thing, the screen will cut off the text dialog area still (then again, how many people besides me uses it anyways?).

Also, it would be nice to have some of the old quick key things back from Apprentice, like ctrl+d to draw. I mean, the way the drop down menus are layed-out are very nice and functional, but it is slightly time consuming to have to go up to the drop down to click on draw a card instead of ctrl+d, you know?

Besides those minor things though, it seems to be perfectly fine from what I've tested so far. It really is an excellent program, just make sure PUI doesn't shut you down like they did to OCTGN, lol.

OCTGN was shut down for using scans and using "Pokemon" in the software. Wizards even shut the website down. This program has the same premise as Apprentice, so they can't really get us for anything. Text-based.

CTRL+D and other shortcuts are already in the works.

WOW! It;s really cool, I thought it would be more like apprentice, but its quite different! Anyone want to battle?

Hey, I'm sort of new to the forums, but Ive been to the PokeBeach website many times.

I downloaded Redshark and I have to admit, I like it a lot. In fact, I find it easier to use than Apprentice.

I would say the only problem is the yellow background. After testing it for a while, the yellow background kinda gets on your nerves.
Also, I would love to see more graphics (Pokemon graphics) in the game.

Other than that, I cant wait for a D/P Deck.

I want to install it very soon, but I think it would be polite to ask my mom first, after uninstalling Multimedia Fusion. I really want to, and it's pretty small.

RevolutionDude said:
Hey, I'm sort of new to the forums, but Ive been to the PokeBeach website many times.

I downloaded Redshark and I have to admit, I like it a lot. In fact, I find it easier to use than Apprentice.

I would say the only problem is the yellow background. After testing it for a while, the yellow background kinda gets on your nerves.
Also, I would love to see more graphics (Pokemon graphics) in the game.

Other than that, I cant wait for a D/P Deck.
HA! I love how everyone is suggesting things we have already identified as problems. The yellow background will be fixed for the next release.

As for Pokemon images, we will not use any. PUSA may get mad and do something. :p

Water Pokémon Master said:
OCTGN was shut down for using scans and using "Pokemon" in the software. Wizards even shut the website down. This program has the same premise as Apprentice, so they can't really get us for anything. Text-based.

CTRL+D and other shortcuts are already in the works.

Ah...so that's why OCTGN was shut down. I never did find out why, all I ever heard was that they were stopped. That explains some...

And yay for shortcuts!

From what I have noticed so far:
- I attach a [F] Energy card to Hitmonlee. When double-clicking on the Energy, Tyrogue card text appears instead of the Energy's. (And Tyrogue wasn't in play)
- When viewing a card from deck/discard pile/etc., I can't close the card info window until the deck window is closed. I have to right click/close from the Icon Tray or press Alt+F4. It doesn't matter so much you say, but try to open 2, 3, 4 card info windows.
- When viewing a card from deck/discard pile/etc., the play window is not clickable. So I can't tell my opponent anything, I can't see what cards in my hand do, etc.

YAY for the good work anyway, I hope Red Shark will soon surpass Apprentice ;)

I dont know if this is of any interest (I just thought Id post it) but I called a friend who has a Win98 and he tried it and said it worked, although he said it was to big (as in, it didnt fit in the screen completely) but other than that, he said it was excellent.

Edit: I told him to change his screen resolution, but he said it was already at the maximum: 1024 x 768.
Is there any way to fix this?

The Windows 98 friend probably has his screen resolution set to 800x600. He can increase it to 1024x768 to see the program AND websites better.

@Nemes: Gracias.

OK, love the program, tried some solo play works out fine xcept...I tried to attach a Holon's Castform to Salamence Ex, but it wouldn't let me return an Energy to my hand. Is that a little bug or am I doing something wrong?

I am sorry, but I really didn't like Apprentice before this and I don't like this either. I still love to play with the real cards and it would be much better having the original scans and the program knowing the rules. I understand that Nintendo could make you stop the game, but I won't be one of the players. Maybe the next years when it will become better I could rethink about it.

Edit: anyway I would like to know what the other layers of the picture said and how we could get to them.

Back