Bid

Steel-type Trainer
This holo pattern is still too rainbowish for me, I prefere more gently Japanese one. But still I’m happy to see that English cards are becoming better looking.

The Blast Boys

Aspiring Trainer
The familiar Black Star symbol is still there to the right of the promo number but it seems kind of redundant with the SVP to the left. I mean I would prefer to hang onto the star anyway just because it's instantly recognizable but that's not very efficient use of card space.
I'm with you. Rarity symbol belongs in the bottom right corner, the way the good Lord intended.

Neovaldis

Aspiring Trainer
I was going to skip collecting the Crown Zenith set and wait for Scarlett & Violet. I read from two different Pokemon TCG Twitter accounts that Crown Zenith "could be the best set ever", is this just hype to boost sales or should I be having FOMO as a collector?

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I was going to skip collecting the Crown Zenith set and wait for Scarlett & Violet. I read from two different Pokemon TCG Twitter accounts that Crown Zenith "could be the best set ever", is this just hype to boost sales or should I be having FOMO as a collector?
Hype to boost sales. They'll say the same thing about the special set for holiday 2023, then for 2024, etc.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Keep in mind that the holosheet used on the jumbo sized card is probably the same scale as the ordinary sized cards, like jumbo-sized Pokémon BREAK. This would mean that, while the star effects are the same size, there will be considerably more of them packed into the same space than on an ordinary sized card. To use the Pokémon BREAK example, the foil squares were all the same size, but since the card itself was larger, there were several times more squares on the oversized card than the normal card.