• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Scrafty/Skuntank/Amoongus Viribank Deck

JackOfSparks

Just Crazy Enough To Work
Pokemon (18)
  • 2-2 Amoongus (ND)
  • 3-3 Scrafty (ND/BW)
  • 3-3 Skuntank
  • 2 Snorlax
Trainers (30)
  • 3 Bianca
  • 4 Cheren
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 3 Skyla
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 3 Switch
  • 3 Viribank City Gym
Energy (12)
  • 2 Blend Energy GRPD
  • 7 Dark Energy
  • 3 Grass Energy
Strategy
The strategy is simple. Viribank Gym makes Poison really hurt. Skuntank is the most aggravatingly-difficult-to-kill way to get out Poison, and Scrafty's Spit Acid fits into the same thematic concept. Amoongus is kind of an obvious choice after that. Snorlax is here as a suicide wall, mostly for Block, sucking up damage while tripled poison eats away. And, might I add, everyone except Snorlax is grabbable with Level Ball.

Frail, yes, but cheap to power. In a way, this is almost a Condition Blitz deck. Hypnotoxic Laser is there to push them right back into the mess if they somehow manage to get away, while Max Potion steals a KO, and, in the case of Skuntank and Scrafty, doesn't even keep them from attacking that turn. The biggest weakness I can think of is that this is a very Pokemon-heavy deck, with almost 1/3 of the deck taken up by dudes, half of whom are useless by themselves. Also, any Pokemon who can do 90+ damage in one hit will basically sweep the whole deck before the damage has a chance to accumulate.

I tried your deck out It's really unique and fun, however I don't understand why grass energy is included in my opinion it just messes up consistency as you usually don't want to attack with amonguss also I can see snorlax's use but in my opinion it hurts you rather than helps you as your opponent has catcher bait to stall for time.I'd also recommend Crushing hammer to stop your opponent from powering up. All in all I think your deck did pretty good vs.Cobalion/Plasmaklang/Durant.Also a lack of catcher hurts this deck.

My suggestion:
-2 Snorlax
-3 Grass Energy
-2 Blend Energy GRPD

+1 Computer Search
+ 3 Pokemon Catcher
+ 3 Crushing Hammer

Back