Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Average Values

Secret Rare Charmander SF 101/100 - $10-15+-
Secret Rare Charmeleon SF 102/100 - about $20-25+-
Secret Rare Charizard SF 103/100 - about $35-$50

Raichu Lv.X - about $30-35

Updated with new average values. These weren't received as super popular as it was with Charizard ex.

Right now the Charizard is going from $35-50 average price, but I've seen some that sold at $77. It's a bit crazy on prices at the moment.

Value of these Charizard line cards will probably become more definite when 2-3 more sets come out. This is a new kind of secret rare (reprint) and it's all in how people receive the card, and it's playability, etc. We'll see.

Rocket0777 said:
I've been talking to a few eBay sellers I know here lately about Stormfront card values. Raichu Lv.X is going to be a hot seller, but now that we know the Charizard line is coming in SF, this got us talking about what they might be valued at.

This is what we came up with after factoring in anticipation and demand:

Secret Rare Charmander SF 101/100 - $25-$30
Secret Rare Charmeleon SF 102/100 - about $35
Secret Rare Charizard SF 103/100 - about $100 or more

Knowing well that eBay sets a lot of the values for cards, This is probably what we are looking at for these to be worth.

The Charmander and Charmeleon may decrease in Value, but Charizard, as with the Charizard ex frenzy, will only go up in value from what I hear.

So if you get an English Secret Rare Charizard, I would suggest you save it, and not trade it! Also, I would check eBay today and tomorrow, because a lot of prerelease cards may be listed fairly cheap. You may find a few good deals!

This is what I've heard, so it may not be precisely accurate, but this is pretty much what we are looking at.

What do you all think?

I can pretty much promise you that:

a) The Charmander and Charmeleon won't get nearly that high. Maybe like all new cards they'll get close in the first week (I even doubt they'll get close), but I'd say $15-20 Charmander, $25-$30 Charmeleon.

b) This won't math the Charizard ex frenzy. There were several other factors that made it as crazy expensive as it became.

c) One or two weeks in it'll probably be going for $75, after a few it'll probably settle to $60.

Oh, and to whoever said it, Base 1 Charizard prices have not gone up anytime in the last 14 months. I actively check their price on eBay (because I have at least 20 more of them to sell) so I need to make sure my prices stay competative. It's still up there for $14.99.

I think that Charmander may be worth more than Charizard. Everyone likes Charizard, and Charmander's a classic, but Charmeleon? It's just that icky thing in the middle.

Yeah. I agree. Charmeleon to me isn't great. I think he's ugly. :D Charmander's cute, and I think his artwork owns Charizard's. Mitsuhiro's first Charizard in the Base Set is much better than the SF's, if it comes out.

Not only that, but he's not significant. Charmander's the little cute Pokemon we know and love and was also a pretty important character on the show. He's one of the Pokemon everyone knows.

The same goes with Charizard. He's many people's favourite Pokemon, and he was the first card with an attack that could do 100 damage in the card game. If you don't play Pokemon actively, if you don't think of Pikachu when you hear Pokemon you probably think of Charizard. He's also Red's mascot, which seems to be more popular than blue.

But Charmeleon? He was on the show only for a few episodes. He's one of the last thing you think of when you hear Pokemon, and is even one of the last things you think of when you hear "the Char line". He's not powerful, he's not cool, he's not cute, he doesn't mark any milestones, he's never had any significant roles in anything!

Exactly. Not only does Charmeleon, hence, "stink like smelly cheese," his artwork is not very good as well. More so, we do not Rare Candy from the all-pretty Charmander to Charmeleon, but the all-powerful Charizard. Charmeleon is skipped, like Kadabra with Yuri Geller or whatever his name is. Charmeleon's terrible, and another thing I must mention: this is not really the same fact with Ivysaur. Ivysaur makes his own debut in Brawl, making more popular. He also is cooler-looking.

Stink cheese? The artwork is not that bad, IMHO. The charmeleon DEFINATLEY looks better than the original and I could say that about all but charizard. It is also comforting because I have the charmander which is worth 30 USD :)

Why would charmeleon be skipped? This is why it wouldn't:

They CANNOT BE PLAYED IN A DECK OF CHARIZARDS?

^^Because if there is 1 Charizard in 6 boxes, you would owe your life for 3!

I agree that the Charmeleon is better looking than the Base Set, EASILY. Base Set looked TERRIBLE. I think:

Charmander: 20-27 USD.
Charmeleon: 20-25 USD.
Charizard: 30+ USD.

^^^^

I agree with most of your priceing except I think Charmander might go for slightly lower, probably around more of the range of $15-$20

But IMO there is no way Charizard (SF) will get to more than $50. People still have there base set ones which are just as good as the new ones and you dont have to rip yourself off.

I dunno, as I've already said, Charmander should be worth more than Charmeleon. These cards only have nostalgic value, and of the 3 Charmeleon means the least to people.

As you remember the Base Charizard sells for $275.00-$325.00 for a 1st edition card and it still sells around that much today. It will be around that price for sure because it is a secret rare and Secret rares are very hard to get. You have to buy $200.00 worth of booster packs before you will even see one secret rare card. Expect very high prices for these cards because of their rarity.:)

I think that the new charizard will be cheaper than before because even if it is secret, it would be harder to get packs of cards from the base set.

xxashxx said:
As you remember the Base Charizard sells for $275.00-$325.00 for a 1st edition card and it still sells around that much today. It will be around that price for sure because it is a secret rare and Secret rares are very hard to get. You have to buy $200.00 worth of booster packs before you will even see one secret rare card. Expect very high prices for these cards because of their rarity.:)

Wrong. Short of it being graded, the card is not going for that amount, period. Plus, that's comparing apples and oranges.

vilebaseball said:
xxashxx said:

Wrong. Short of it being graded, the card is not going for that amount, period. Plus, that's comparing apples and oranges.

You never know. Charizard is one of the hottest selling cards. Hotter then Machamp or Electorde or Raichu.:)

xxashxx said:
vilebaseball said:
xxashxx said:

You never know. Charizard is one of the hottest selling cards. Hotter then Machamp or Electorde or Raichu.:)

But one can make an educated guess. No cards are ever priced by the "number of booster packs it would take to get one". If they were, I would be a very rich man.

Cards become expensive for one of three reasons: very playable/players (like Claydol), very "powerful"/young kids (like Wailord ex and Charizard ex), or very old/collectors (like 1st Ed Base Set Charizard, not to mention the short supply). This Charizard doesn't really hit any of the 3 marks.

Sure, there will be some collectors that want it because it's "secret rare" or because it's a "remake" of the old Charizard, but that's why one should expect around $70 over the first few weeks, not several hundred like you're saying. After all, no kid is going to go "mommy, 120HP, I HAVE to have it" and I haven't seen any "T1 Charizard" decks floating around. 1/3 of the market isn't enough for what you're saying, so I don't know, but I can be pretty darn sure.

vilebaseball said:
xxashxx said:
vilebaseball said:
xxashxx said:

But one can make an educated guess. No cards are ever priced by the "number of booster packs it would take to get one". If they were, I would be a very rich man.

Cards become expensive for one of three reasons: very playable/players (like Claydol), very "powerful"/young kids (like Wailord ex and Charizard ex), or very old/collectors (like 1st Ed Base Set Charizard, not to mention the short supply). This Charizard doesn't really hit any of the 3 marks.

Sure, there will be some collectors that want it because it's "secret rare" or because it's a "remake" of the old Charizard, but that's why one should expect around $70 over the first few weeks, not several hundred like you're saying. After all, no kid is going to go "mommy, 120HP, I HAVE to have it" and I haven't seen any "T1 Charizard" decks floating around. 1/3 of the market isn't enough for what you're saying, so I don't know, but I can be pretty darn sure.

This is for the single card price not through booster packs.1st edition base Charizard cards are in high demand and are very expensive. Also very hard to get unless you buy online.:)

As of right now you can buy the complete set of storm front with the secret rares for $325 on ebay. Here's the link, and I really hope you can see it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-TCG-STORMFRONT-COMPLETE-SET-CHARIZARD-SHINY_W0QQitemZ320314096288QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320314096288&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

xxashxx said:
This is for the single card price not through booster packs.1st edition base Charizard cards are in high demand and are very expensive. Also very hard to get unless you buy online.:)

I'm aware of that. You had mentioned "You have to buy $200.00 worth of booster packs before you will even see one secret rare card." and I was correcting that statement (that they aren't priced by the booster pack). They aren't really in high demand, and ungraded, usually close for less than $100.00 (the exception being a well known seller calling it mint). When you own one and have sold three, let me know and we can exchange notes on how yours did. Whether they're hard to get online or not is entirely irrelevant.

Back