Secret Rare Charizard Line in SF - Values

a card value is more determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. just because i see a card somewhere for $200 does not mean i will buy it. it has to be worth that much to me for to decide to pay that, if i think its too much well i ain't buying. values go up and down so much its not funny. claydol is an excellent example of this. right now top dollar for 1. after a rotation i am guessing 50c bargain bin. this is why i hate threads like this.

vilebaseball said:
xxashxx said:
This is for the single card price not through booster packs.1st edition base Charizard cards are in high demand and are very expensive. Also very hard to get unless you buy online.:)

I'm aware of that. You had mentioned "You have to buy $200.00 worth of booster packs before you will even see one secret rare card." and I was correcting that statement (that they aren't priced by the booster pack). They aren't really in high demand, and ungraded, usually close for less than $100.00 (the exception being a well known seller calling it mint). When you own one and have sold three, let me know and we can exchange notes on how yours did. Whether they're hard to get online or not is entirely irrelevant.

Oh ok. Thanks anyway.:)

joey said:
a card value is more determined by what someone is willing to pay for it.

That's what we've been discussing. How much people will pay for them.

joey said:
just because I see a card somewhere for $200 does not mean I will buy it.

It doesn't matter what just you would do. At all.

joey said:
it has to be worth that much to me for to decide to pay that, if I think its too much well I ain't buying.

Again, many others buy cards for other reasons. The question isn't how much we would pay. It's the average airhead kid mostly.

joey said:
values go up and down so much its not funny.

Not really.

joey said:
claydol is an excellent example of this.

No, it's not. If you read my earlier posts, you'd know that the reason for this card being expensive and the reason for Claydol being expensive are entirely different.

joey said:
right now top dollar for 1. after a rotation I am guessing 50c bargain bin.

Charizard's popularity won't be influenced by the rotation.

joey said:
this is why I hate threads like this.

Even if you were correct in the first place, nobody is forcing you to post in here.

Well my local store sells its charizard for 20 bucks right now and the complete set for 40. It's been sitting in the display case for over a week already.

E-bay is crazy. Die hard collectors go there. You can't just get a base set charizard and sell them off to some random guy for 200 US Dollars. My local store values it at RM25. The new secret rare one is priced RM20 I think.

It's all up to the buyer. How much he's willing to pay.

$200.00 worth of boosters...? Geez I bought my 4th SF pack today and already pulled a Charmeleon. Didn't think much of it cuz it's the same as my base set one. Probably will end up trading it if indeed it's a valuable card.

joey said:

Not really.

how much is a delta flygon ex going for. not much. i remember a couple of years ago it went for a lot. up to and over $50

joey said:

No, it's not. If you read my earlier posts, you'd know that the reason for this card being expensive and the reason for Claydol being expensive are entirely different.

claydol will be worth nothing after it gets rotated. and if you think its not then nothing i can say will make you realise it

joey said:

i am talking about the claydol, not the charizard. he will be expensive for a while but not forever

Devastator said:
joey said:

Not really.

how much is a delta flygon ex going for. not much. I remember a couple of years ago it went for a lot. up to and over $50

joey said:

claydol will be worth nothing after it gets rotated. and if you think its not then nothing I can say will make you realise it

joey said:

I am talking about the claydol, not the charizard. he will be expensive for a while but not forever

"values go up and down so much its not funny" implies that the values both fall AND RISE, and "so much" leads one to believe it's frequent. Your example is one card that fell over the course of several months. I would say the exception doesn't prove the rule, but that's not even an exception.

"claydol will be worth nothing after it gets rotated. and if you think its not then nothing I can say will make you realise it"

You may want to seek help for your issues with understanding the English language. CHARIZARD WILL NOT NOW NOR EVER BE WANTED BY PLAYERS FOR THEIR DECKS (unless they're terrible, in which case I suppose it doesn't matter). Claydols price will fall, LIKE I SAID EARLIER, because cards wanted by PLAYERS rotate out. Cards wanted by COLLECTORS do NOT rotate out. I don't know what I can say you make you read my earlier post.

---->Cards become expensive for one of three reasons: very playable/players (like Claydol), very "powerful"/young kids (like Wailord ex and Charizard ex), or very old/collectors (like 1st Ed Base Set Charizard, not to mention the short supply). This Charizard doesn't really hit any of the 3 marks.

Sure, there will be some collectors that want it because it's "secret rare" or because it's a "remake" of the old Charizard, but that's why one should expect around $70 over the first few weeks, not several hundred like you're saying.<------

I'm not sure the concept could be any easier to grasp. That's like my saying "fruit can't be grown in the US because a few types of vegetables can't". Yes, that wasn't supposed to make sense, because your example doesn't. You're comparing two entirely unrelated things and saying that the condition for one carries over to the others.

"I am talking about the claydol, not the charizard. he will be expensive for a while but not forever"

In that case, did you even bother to read the title? Honestly...

Back