SELLING CARDS ON EBAY - HELP?

Weeheed

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there,

Not sure if this should be in trade or general.

Not trying to sell cards here, wanting to know opinions of where the trade is going!

i am currently selling a tone of pokemon cards on ebay and i'm not sure what to price them at just now.

It's all base set - neo set. mostly base - rocket though.

i have a full base, jungle, fossil and rocket set to sell, but if i sell the shiny cards for 1.99 GBP each and the rares for 0.99 GBP i could be making over 30.00, but if i sell the sets as a whole, it would be only 20.00 at auction.

I have a base set, but i value charizard for 7.00 and blastoise/venusaur for 5.00. This set SHOULD be worth 40.00 but it's STILL only selling for 30.00-ish.

BUT i've detecting a decreasing popularity in the old sets for some reason. 2 weeks ago it was selling VERY popular.

My shiny cards on their own arn't selling very well. and i keep having to relist them (no problem with the new 0.00 insertion fees), but its a pain.

I'm worried the prices will REALLY take a tumble now and i might not get anything.

Should i sell as sets and be safe or try to get more money selling individual?

How do you guys think the trade is going?

I just cant believe that when i decided to start collecting again, everyone else seemed to think the same thing and the prices were really high, only 2 weeks ago!
Is there some sort of selling season with these cards?
It seemed to die right after platinum?

please help, thank you.

Wait. You have a Base set Charizard? That should be worth a WHOLE lot IIRC (If I Remember Correctly.)

SotS said:
Wait. You have a Base set Charizard? That should be worth a WHOLE lot IIRC (If I Remember Correctly.)

I have 17 if you're interested.

OP, care to link us to one of your failed listings?

vilebaseball said:
SotS said:

I am interested. Can you please CML?

Sorry for Spam...

I think you should do buy it now because people don't like to have the stress of bidding.

Hey again,

Sorry i hadn't replied soon enough.

I havn't posted up a base set YET, because i've seen them go for only 30.00 GBP and i think it should go for more BECAUSE of charizard.

Here are my jungle and fossil sets:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPLETE-JUNGLE-POKEMON-CARDS-SET-inc-all-shiney_W0QQitemZ250398361690QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL?hash=item250398361690&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPLETE-FOSSIL-POKEMON-CARDS-SET-inc-all-shiney_W0QQitemZ250398364029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL?hash=item250398364029&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1691%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

they have been up for a while and i've got 3 watchers on one and 2 on another. but NOONE is buying them. I am the only person selling a fossil set at the moment so cheaply. Everyone else is selling for like 40ish or something. i've had a couple of best offers for 17.99 and one at 14.00ish i think. which i thought was a maybe a bit too low.

I want to sell base set but i just dont know how. I dont think people want to buy it now because they are waiting for auctions to come up and get it maybe cheaper. If it doesn't sell i was thinking selling single might be an answer, but noone would want to buy the commons and uncommon etc.

What do you guys think?

How much would you guys pay for it?

I also have a fossil set missing 2 holo cards, and a lesser jungle set. How much do you thinki should post them up for?

The jungle set cards only have a bit more of silver edges some rares have dulled edges etc. The fossil set is more or less in the same condition. maybe 4 cards have silver edges or dulled edges or faint scratches, the rest are all mint.

Lotti said:
vilebaseball said:
SotS said:

I am interested. Can you please CML?

Sorry for Spam...

No, I don't trade.

Weeheed said:
Hey again,

Sorry I hadn't replied soon enough.

I havn't posted up a base set YET, because I've seen them go for only 30.00 GBP and I think it should go for more BECAUSE of charizard.

Here are my jungle and fossil sets:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPLETE-JUNGLE-POKEMON-CARDS-SET-inc-all-shiney_W0QQitemZ250398361690QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL?hash=item250398361690&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPLETE-FOSSIL-POKEMON-CARDS-SET-inc-all-shiney_W0QQitemZ250398364029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL?hash=item250398364029&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1691%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

they have been up for a while and I've got 3 watchers on one and 2 on another. but NOONE is buying them. I am the only person selling a fossil set at the moment so cheaply. Everyone else is selling for like 40ish or something. I've had a couple of best offers for 17.99 and one at 14.00ish I think. which I thought was a maybe a bit too low.

I want to sell base set but I just don't know how. I don't think people want to buy it now because they are waiting for auctions to come up and get it maybe cheaper. If it doesn't sell I was thinking selling single might be an answer, but noone would want to buy the commons and uncommon etc.

What do you guys think?

How much would you guys pay for it?

I also have a fossil set missing 2 holo cards, and a lesser jungle set. How much do you thinki should post them up for?

The jungle set cards only have a bit more of silver edges some rares have dulled edges etc. The fossil set is more or less in the same condition. maybe 4 cards have silver edges or dulled edges or faint scratches, the rest are all mint.

Prices tend to be different outside the US, so don't take any price I'd pay for it as a guideline (it's usually more expensive in the UK). I see nothing fundamentally wrong with the listing, although a few more pictures wouldn't hurt. I would also mention that they are not played and have no bends/creases (assuming they don't). When I'm browsing listings to restock, I don't have the time nor memory to ask questions of sellers. If their description answers all my questions, I'll bid, if not, I'll watch it (curious to see if the price lowers or if it sells) and move on.

If you start an auction for the price you'd list it for as a Buy It Now, you're losing 23 days off of your listing duration and brushing off customers that want a quick buy.

Back