Set with the best artwork?

babyoopsie

Aspiring Trainer
Recently I've gone back to collecting pokemon cards again(stopped collecting after fossil, roughly 10 years), and I was wondering which set has the best artwork in your opinion.

So far I've bought these boxes:
EX Team Rocket Returns
EX Power Keepers
D&P Base
Mysterious Treasures
Rising Rivals
Supreme Victors
HG/SS
Unleashed

Out of those, I thought TRR had the best artwork, followed by Unleashed and HG/SS. Any sort of recommendation would help.

Off the top of my head, EX Crystal Guardians is pretty good. Especially the Deltas. Stuff like Manectric is awsome, too. Though, the art depends more on the artist than the set in like EX-and-later sets.

I have my favorite art, but with the sets I agree with you...I LOVE what they're doing with the HGSS series art. I have always wished they would assign ONE artist per evolution line, and now they are! I also like how the LOST ZONE set is going to look like all the cards are from the set...look closely at the art, it's all the same!

MY FAVORITE ART :

15-starmie-d.jpg

EDIT: I just saw TRR, and WOW. However, it only has SOME good cards, the best overall artwork for any set has to be Crystal Guardians, although some of it's not as good as TRR CG is better overall.

I ALSO FOUND THIS :D

108-torchic-star.jpg

green_monkey said:
MY FAVORITE ART :

15-starmie-d.jpg

EDIT: I just saw TRR, and WOW. However, it only has SOME good cards, the best overall artwork for any set has to be Crystal Guardians, although some of it's not as good as TRR CG is better overall.

I ALSO FOUND THIS :D

108-torchic-star.jpg

Yeah, the artwork in TRR was the sole reason why I bought the box. The artwork for the dark pokemon is just superb.

I'll definitely check out Crystal Guardians, Stormfront, and Neo Destiny. I ordered some Unseen Forces packs so I'll be checking those out soon.

I really like the artwork from this guy:
8-rayquaza-c.jpg

i have to say my favorite art works are by the artists kawayoo, match, and sui.
kawayoo's art has so much muscle detail and movement, such as the above rayquaza and the feraligatr from hgss
match's artwork i find to be very clean and has smooth color transitions much like pastels. i also like the thick outlines. ex. Raichu HGSS Espeon RL
sui's artwork is very little, but i love the water color? delibird hgss and jumpluff and chinchou all look amazing for me.

and i love how alot of these new artist's works are in hgss and onwards

I bought these boxes:

Great Encounters
Platinum
Japanese Rising Rivals
Japanese Supreme Victors
English Supreme Victors
Legends Awakened
Fossil
Skyridge
TRR
Unleashed

Either TRR or Skyridge of the boxes i bought, and either Aquapolis, Skyridge or Expedition.
Best artwork ever:
Bellsprout_Aquapolis.jpg
~ Apricorns ftw!
Also, take a look at this Charizard, I JUST LOVE IT!!
Expedition6Charizard.jpg

Back