Seven Cards Banned for Worlds 2024!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has announced a couple of cards will be banned from Worlds 2024! This is because the cards were not distributed worldwide, making it unfair for a global event.

Sprigatito SVP 001
Fuecoco SVP 002
Quaxly SVP 003
Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat SVP 085
Oddish SVP 102
Pecharunt SVP 129
Pecharunt SVP 149

The cards will otherwise be legal in the Standard format.

Continue reading...

Whaaa but like the starters are printed in SV base set weren't they??
Edit only got the quaxly one and Diddnt realise

Last edited:
>see headline
>what could they be? Oh man, this is surely going to shake up the Worlds format. Are they banning Dusknoir? Dusclops? Maybe some niche card no one ever heard of?
>see the list
>mfw
1518726927567.png

I think the cards wouldn't have had an huge impact at worlds. But I can understand that they did it. But honestly I expected that they will ban some cards from shrouded fable due to the delay of the ETBs in the West.

I think the cards wouldn't have had an huge impact at worlds. But I can understand that they did it. But honestly I expected that they will ban some cards from shrouded fable due to the delay of the ETBs in the West.
As someone who collected all the Wizards promos, I really feel like maybe we shouldn't have Promo cards anymore. Like just fold them all into sets and all promo cards can be reprints, alternate art reprints, or just regular cards with stamps or fancy holofoil

Eh, I can see why these are banned from Worlds: all of these are related to when, how, and where they were released.

The Paldean Starter promos were released last year but Japan is will be getting them come early August while he Van Gogh Pikachu promo, the Path to the Peak Oddish promo, and both Pecharunt promos haven’t been released in Japan (although I’m sure the Pecharunt promos will be released there eventually).
>see headline
>what could they be? Oh man, this is surely going to shake up the Worlds format. Are they banning Dusknoir? Dusclops? Maybe some niche card no one ever heard of?
>see the list
>mfw
View attachment 19654
To be fair Creatures Inc. has gotten somewhat better at making sure situations that caused them to ban Lysandre’s Trump Card and Forest of Giant Plants don't happen again. But on the other hand they still don't really do a good job of balancing sets in the long run thanks to nonsense like Dusknoir existing.
As someone who collected all the Wizards promos, I really feel like maybe we shouldn't have Promo cards anymore. Like just fold them all into sets and all promo cards can be reprints, alternate art reprints, or just regular cards with stamps or fancy holofoil
The problem is that TPCi has become a big fan of yanking out cards from sets and placing them into products like ETBs and various premium collections. I'd like say this wouldn't be a problem if they adapted to the way Japan releases sets (but keeping certain things like pack size and pull rates) but we all know they'd screw it up.

Back