Several Secret Rares from “151” English Set Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has officially revealed a few secret rare cards from 151 — along with Gyarados from the main set. 151 is our special English set and its products will start to release on September 22nd.

SV03PT5_EN_130-143x200.png

SV03PT5_EN_173-143x200.png

SV03PT5_EN_186-143x200.png

SV03PT5_EN_188-143x200.png

SV03PT5_EN_203-143x200.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:
You say this like there isn't a precedent for special sets not always making it through the localization process intact. Super special sets like 20th Anniversary Expansion Pack (XY Generations) and 25th Anniversary Collection (Celebrations) made it through OK, but every now and again sets like Champion Road and GX Ultra Shiny have been chopped up and remixed so much as to be unrecognizable in the localization process.

I think the signs have been around for a while that the English localization 151 would be a near-straight port – the way it's structured, it would've been impossible to mess with it too much or the entire set numbering gimmick would've been lost – but again, when you look at the way a set with a strong, cohesive theme like Champion Road was willingly scuttled by TPCI, there was no guarantee that 151 would get to remain intact until we saw those signs.
GX Ultra Shiny is one of the japanese "end of the year" reprint sets. I much rather they just give us the new cards from those sets instead of giving us a bunch of reprints that serve no value. The special sets that are not reprints, come in their intact form as you mentioned (like Pokémon Go, Detective Pikachu and many others). This is not a reprint set so there was never any doubt that 151 was gonna come exactly as it is (minus the promos).
Champion Road was simply a subset and not a special set and was just put into Celestial Storm just like it happens with most subsets (like how Paldea Evolved features the subset Triplet Beat along with the main sets Snow Hazard/Clay Burst).

Isn't it actually quite rare to see Secrets officially revealed? Most often we get them through Japanese pack openings, when they get all the fun of finding them instead of us.

What is it with tol89 and Ambassador arguing over intact sets lol
Oh yeah noticed that too - what a moron.

No no. It’s not about the set, it’s about people stating things like they found the holy grail when the article they reply to already clearly describes what’s going on. Like how did you have the time to reply but not actual read.

In this case I just said „except for a few promos“ because I already heard someone say „no it’s not the same set. Justbasil already has a list of couple cards they took out. You can look that up. It’s not the same set.“
?

The 22nd can't come soon enough. I hope the English holos get at least something different to set them apart from the other sets, if not the pokeballs.

The 22nd can't come soon enough. I hope the English holos get at least something different to set them apart from the other sets, if not the pokeballs.
I think there’s a very real chance the holo Rares in this set are Cosmos. We’ve already seen the Cosmos energies AND Prize Pack 3 is the first time they’ve mass printed a booster pack product using that Holo paper since HGSS. It would also make sense considering it’s a Gen 1 nostalgia set.

I mean, it's good to get confirmation on what is definitely coming. I still have ptsd over cosmic eclipse. Can't wait for this set to release, it's the most hyped one for me personally this year.

Back