Shadow Triad

Awesomeguy76

Aspiring Trainer
I was thinking about the Shadow Triad that's going to come out in Plasma Freeze. I'd like to get everyone's opinion of it. How do you think it will affect the metagame?

I think it will be a solid card in the Team Plasma deck to get things back like Hypnotoxic Laser and Plasma Pokemon. I think it will only be ran in 1-2 copies though.

No, it's surprisingly not very good in PlasmaBox. It's much better in other Plasma Variants, like Umbreon/stuff or Weavile/Exeggcute (maybe).

I don't think it's great, it's your supporter for the turn which is a problem. However, I will be running it in my PlasmaBox deck for a few minor reasons and one major one, that being if someone catcher-kills a Deoxys early game, it can cause enormous problems. It may not take back the two prizes your opponent took, but it will give you the extra +10 damage.

I'm sure it can prove its mettle well in Plasma Box Decks, especially fast Decks like Lugia EX & Deoxys EX Donk. Pack plenty of Bicycle, and Computer Search as your ACE SPEC. That's what I can say right now. I'd only run 1, personally.

Have you considered team plasma grunt in plasma box. Its probably a bit better than shadow triad for the reason that you just get a better cheren AND you can get rid of a plasma energy and get it right back with raiden knuckle

Awesomeguy76 said:
Why would a Darkrai deck run Shadow Triad?

It can get back Hypnotoxic Laser or Absol PF, but honestly, that sounds really really bad to me for a Supporter that you can only use one a turn.

dmaster out.

I love Shadow Triad actually. just tested it (took out 2 skylas for 2 of them) and it got me a 5th laser for a knockout and win. Definitely will use it more often in plasma based decks

I don't like it too much.
If it were an Item it would be VERY good, but, as it is, it is only OK. If anyone ever runs a Magnezone deck, this seems like a given, but since that card's no good it would be difficult.

The only deck that could POSSIBLY use it well is Weavile since they need so many Pokemon, but other than that...

Having one or two seems useful as it can be very situational if you are running a completely plasma deck but it is certainly not a staple that should be relied on.

I'm running a Chandelure/ Lugia EX/Snorlax deck at the moment (yet to be played at my league but tested a few times) I run 2 shadow triad and it's fantastic in certain situations like getting back plasma energy, colress machines and team plasma balls (if I need another Lugia or Chandelure out quick) granted I'll be dropping the count down to 1 once I get myself a Thundurus or two but at the moment it's the only thing in my deck that allows Lugia to attack more than four times a game.

When i built plasma basics for the first time, this was the first card i changed after my initial playtesting. Took about 10 games to realize that another skyla or another max pot was 10000% beter than shadow triad

You are right. The only usefull part of Shadow Triad is to take a Deoxys ex from the discard for an extra 10 damage, but your opponent does not aim for him most of the times. Or maybe a Laser, if you have used them all.

Back