• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Shaymin VStar deck?

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I saw a very nice synergy between Xurkitree Gx and Shaymin VStar in the expanded format and I was looking for deck building ideas centered around the concept. Xurkitree's Gx attack adds a card from the opponents hand to their prize card bringing the prize card count to 7 and effectively boosting Shaymin VStar'S damage threshold by 60. The damage output from Shaymin V and Shaymin Vstar goes like this:

Prize cards taken _________________Shaymin V___________________Shaymin VStar_______________With Choice Belt

1___________________________________100___________________________160___________________________190
2___________________________________140___________________________200___________________________230
3___________________________________180___________________________240___________________________270
4___________________________________220___________________________280___________________________310
5___________________________________260___________________________320___________________________350
6___________________________________300___________________________360___________________________390

With only 2 prize pokemon, you are making sure to always get up to 360dmg without the Choice Belt at one point in the game. This allows you to OHKO any Pokemon in the game. With 2 prize card taken, with a Choice Belt you can OHKO all V and with 4 prize card taken you can OHKO all Gx. I started experimenting with Arceus VStar and got some result. I am not looking at using Shaymin VStar ability since it seems very lackluster to say the least. So if any of you guys have good deck ideas let me know.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
This is my first take. Starting with Arceus VStar (ideally going second) you can start by attacking for 200dmg without Choice band and start accelerating some energy. On the first turn you have the opportunity to use Wally and search for Triple energy for very quick setup and damage. Then trying to rotate into Xurkitree Gx to pull the Gx attack. Finally transition into Shaymin VStar for high output damage.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Arceus V BRS 166
* 2 Arceus VSTAR BRS 184
* 2 Crobat V DAA 182
* 1 Eldegoss V RCL 176
* 2 Shaymin V BRS 152
* 2 Shaymin VSTAR BRS 173
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 2 Xurkitree-GX UPR 142
* 1 Zeraora-GX LOT 86
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Lumineon V BRS 40

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Thunder Mountain {*} LOT 191
* 1 N FCO 105
* 1 Professor Juniper PLF 116
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 1 Wally ROS 107
* 1 Marnie SSH 200
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Choice Belt BRS 135
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 196
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 216
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 215
* 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 229

##Energy - 12

* 4 Lightning Energy SMEnergy 4
* 2 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 3 Grass Energy SMEnergy 1
* 1 Counter Energy CIN 122
* 2 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

GlendiSIMP

Average Glitch Cat enthusiast
Perhaps you could use Crimson Expansion Nihelgo GX as a back up? needs more Energy for the GX attack, but adds 3 prize cards instead of one. Granted, doesn´t give you hand knowledge or removes a card from their hand, but it could work in cases where you cant get the OHKOs on Vmaxes consistently. It might make energy really tight tho

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Perhaps you could use Crimson Expansion Nihelgo GX as a back up? needs more Energy for the GX attack, but adds 3 prize cards instead of one. Granted, doesn´t give you hand knowledge or removes a card from their hand, but it could work in cases where you cant get the OHKOs on Vmaxes consistently. It might make energy really tight tho
Yes but as you said it is a bit tight. I worked on the idea and there are other ways than Shaymin V to make this work. Moltres EVS as well as Dubwool V both profit in the same way from the idea of bolstering the damage from additional prizing. Both of them are basic and allow more easily Nihilego Gx instead of Xurkitree Gx.

Prize cards taken _________________Dubwool V___________________Moltres CRE

1___________________________________150__________________________70
2___________________________________180_________________________120
3___________________________________210_________________________170
4___________________________________240_________________________220
5___________________________________270_________________________270
6___________________________________300_________________________320
7___________________________________330_________________________370

Here is a deck idea that works very well:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Arceus V BRS 166
* 2 Arceus VSTAR BRS 184
* 2 Crobat V LOR 237
* 2 Galarian Moltres EVS 93
* 1 Galarian Moltres V CRE 177
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Nihilego-GX CIN 49
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Lumineon V BRS 40

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 N FCO 105
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 1 Wally ROS 107
* 2 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Marnie SSH 200
* 2 Choice Belt BRS 135
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Black Market {*} TEU 134
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 196
* 1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 1 Klara CRE 194
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 216
* 1 Guzma BUS 115

##Energy - 13

* 1 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 6 Darkness Energy SMEnergy 7
* 5 Psychic Energy SMEnergy 5
* 1 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I think after testing this might seem better since you are using 1 prize attackers. Energy can easily be charged up using either Moltres or Moltres V abilities or Arceus attacks. Darkness is a prefered weakness. Black Market and Altar of the Moone work very well here.

GlendiSIMP

Average Glitch Cat enthusiast
me omw to build this lol
personally i like Shaymin V better, but this one looks a bit more flexible. Ninja boy is based, can turn a dedenne GX after you use it into a strong attacker or energy acceleration which, since we arnt really gonna be recycling it, and we need our GX attack for nihelgo, and yeah having a good single prize attacker helps alot