• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Shedinja / Dusknoir / Chandelure Cursed Drop

RononizatorPL

Aspiring Trainer
Hey!
Alexander here, i was looking at all the card scans here, and thought about a new kind of deck for me.
After looking at the Legendary Treasures cards, i've wanted to make a deck that would include the Chandelure EX. IMO the Cursed Drop attack is very good, not only you "put" damage counters not "deal", but i can also put all the damage counters in any way i like.
So in my head was made a pretty weird idea for a Shedinja/Duskoinr/Chandelure EX deck.
This is the List:

Cards: 60

Pokemon: 18
  • 4 Nincada [Dragons Exalted]
  • 2 Ninjask [Dragons Exalted]
  • 4 Shedinja [Dragons Exalted]
  • 2-1-2 Dusknoir [Boundaries Crossed]
  • 3 Chandelure EX [Legendary Treasures]
Trainer/Support/Stadium: 32
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skayla
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Rocky Helmet
  • 3 Escape Rope
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Energy Switch
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
Energy: 10
  • 6 Psychic
  • 4 Blend GPFD
Well, the strategy is simple, put as many damage counters using Shedinja and Chandelure EX Cursed Drop , Then use Dusknoir Sinister Hand to spread the counters on the opponents Pokemon in order to knock out as many as i can.
Ninjask are here to deal some damage using Night Slash, and to switch with Shedinja, which when is knocked out, my opponent can't take a prize card.
Cards like Rocky Helmet and Hypnotoxic Laser are here to give me some help with the damage counters, even when my opponent will knock out my Pokemon with one hit the Helmet will put on him some damage and the poison fro the laser will do some damage too.

This is the idea in my head, i haven't tested this deck yet, so i don't know if this kind of strategy will work. I don't have any PTCG players in my hometown, and even if some players exist in Poland, they must live very very far away from where i live.
And in the Pokemon TCG Online where i play, i don't have any reedemed codes, and any tradable card for now, So i'm playing the "Trainer Challenge" and getting tokens to get the 5-card booster packs.

Any ideas? Maybe some of you have already played with this kind of deck?
I will be very gratefull for any help with this deck :)

Cheers from Poland
Alexander

Edited to coincide with the standards set in the rules! ~Kecleon

RE: Shedinja/Dusknoir/Chandelure Cursed Drop

Have you considered Darkrai/Landorus EX for bench damage and Kyurem for spread damage? If Kyurem used glaciate and your opponent had 6 pokes, there would be 3 damage counters on all of them. Next turn, you could move them around with Dusknoir and knock out a poke with up to 180 HP. That's the best combo for Dusknoir I can think of. Mr.Mime & Garbodor kind of shuts this down though, so plan to deal with them.

Be wary of Mewtwo EX and Sigilyph who will be a threat to Chandlure. Will the 4 damage counters be worth the 2 prizes they can take?

I've always loved Shedinja cards though :)

Hey!
Yeah, i was thinking about the Darkrai, but the first problem is how to fit the Darkrai in and second is that my plan for this deck was to keep it a Ghost type, so Kyurem or Landorus just don't look good :)
Also i had some ideas for putting here Cofagrigus with the Six Feet Under ability from Plasma Freeze. A 1-1 line, just for a tech, and maybe Frozen City ?
All my Pokemon need only 1 Psychic Energy (except Ninjask), so i've thought that this would be quite helpfull, and it would get rid of stadiums like Virbank or some stuff like that.
I'm not an experienced player in the Pokemon TCG so all that is my personal opinion.
Also maybe Rock Guard would be a good idea to put it here?

I don't know really :) There are all sorts of good card that would work well in this kind of deck IMO.

Cheers from Poland
Alexander

If you want this deck to be good, you'll need to be doing as much damage as possible. That probably means Landorus, and yes, Rock Guard. You at least should have an Ace Spec because why not. (The effects are all pretty good.) I also suggest 2 Virbank and a Frozen City tech against Keldeo.

So do you have any idea how this deck should look?
Because really i'm out of ideas how to find space for all those cards...

RononizatorPL said:
This is the List:

Cards: 60

Pokemon: 18
4 Nincada [Dragons Exalted]
2 Ninjask [Dragons Exalted]
4 Shedinja [Dragons Exalted]
2-0-2 Dusknoir
3 Landorus EX

Trainer/Support/Stadium: 32
3 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
3 Level Ball
1 Tool Scrapper
3 Rocky Helmet
3 Escape Rope
2 Ultra Ball
1 Super Rod
1 Energy Switch
2 Rare Candy
3 Hypnotoxic Laser

+1 Colress
+2 Virbank
+ 1 Frozen City
+1 Rock Guard

Energy: 10
6 Psychic
4 Blend GPFD

My changes are in bold. I think this is a good start. If you need more room, you might could trim down on the Shedinja line.

^ You forgot to change up the energy to accommodate for Landorus EX in this build. I would probably set aside 2 or 3 cards for some Fighting Energies to power up a Hammerhead a few times. Otherwise that seems like a good build to try out to see how it does. Conceptually it sounds like a good deck!

You know, Ninjask/Shedinja has gotten a lot better with the new rules. Don't have to worry about getting donked. Less Catcher to get around Shedinja. Mr. Mime to prevent Landorus, Kyurem, etc. picking off Ninjasks.

Back