DPPt/HGSS Shines or Events

Shiny or Event?

• Total voters
Hey, this is kind of pointless. We both have different views. Just maybe be a bit nicer about what you say please, ok? 'useless' isn't a particularly nice way to describe some peoples favourite sort of Pokemon.

Alright, I suppose I could oblige. Still, I am used to people "hating on" my favorite pokemon all the time. It's not worth getting angry over. Intolerance is a huge issue in this community and I am trying not to increase the problem.

Yeah, I got worked up into quite a passion there! I collect the event-only pokes like arceus and co., but i cant be stuffed to get pokemon I could just catch.

Guess you could probably say a similar thing about shinies though ;D

Events have more benifits and as said you can get shiny events like the shiny eevee for example.

plus you can hack shinies and i dont think you can hack events?

Not anymore I think. In order to activate events, they need to be authentic.

Sucks for us non-wifi users -_-

Shiny events are obviously the best.

However, as much as I like shinies, I'd say I prefer events. This is because, well, they have a more physical memory and they are pretty much one of a kind (even though I try to get as many of the event as possible XD). Most events nowadays also unlock more things in-game, which is a neat little plus.

However, shinies are still great. While not much different from normal Pokémon, They are that great strike of luck that brightens your day and stand far apart from everything else in your box. Also bragging rights. Well, at least for the un-chained.

psyburn said:
Not anymore I think. In order to activate events, they need to be authentic.

Sucks for us non-wifi users -_-

Actually if I'm not mistaken you can recreate an event Pokémon completely with PokéSav :(... Whether or not these hacked event Pokémon will activate other in-game events (i.e. PCP or Arceus) though, I have no idea.

Shinies! They're super rare, you may not get one without RNG abuse or pokeradar no matter how you try (unlike event, where you can go to gamestop and download it..). Each person has a special connection to the shiny pokemon they get. I've had two shinies.. BOTH were zubats. One on platinum, one on emerald. The one on platinum has epic ivs and is jolly.. I caught him when I said, "You know, maybe there's an item I forgot to get at the tower." On my way out, I found him! The one on emerald? In that cave, by the econd gym. Right after I caught zubat, I saved. Right after that, the game froze. When I turned it back on.. "Your save file is corrupted." And I lost everything. NOO!!

With events, I have this- I went to gamestop, asked them for the event, and then left....

*and I'm crossing my fingers for a shiny in b&w.. I've had a 2 gen streak going! I just hope its not zubat.*

I prefer shiny event pokemon, but if I have to pick one or the other it would be shiny pokemon cause it shows that you put work into obtaining it, I have like 12 shinies and maybe 4 event? Something like that.

I prefer shinies and also shiny events. I just like how they shine when they are released out of their Pokeball, also their coloration is different from the other Pokemon. Also shiny Pokemon can be hard to fine, you need the right equipment and also need luck to find the shiny Pokemon.

Events can be common and also many people can obtain the Pokemon instantly. Events really depend on which Pokemon the player is getting and what attacks the Pokemon knows also if they Pokemon is shiny or normal.

I've only gotten 2 shinies in the wild ever since I started playing Pokémon which makes me feel like they're extremely rare. I mean, like, event Pokémon can only be obtained for a certain time but there's so many people who attend the event so if you miss the event you can always trade a Pokémon for one.

@Bugaham: Yes but anyone can get a shiny and with RNG abuse and other methods you can just a shiny in a instant. And not all events are gamestop some you have to go somewhere.

Events can activate other events, Where as a shiny is for looks only. Only in GSC where they actually rare.

Events all the way.

They're just so much rarer and I prize the few I have so much more than my shinies, most of which were pokesav'd.

Back