BW/BW2 Shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina Annouced

AdrianD

Competitive Trainer
I guess Starting August 19th everyone can get Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Shiny too. For all gen 5 games. It will happen one pokemon per month it looks like. Who is going to get these? At Gamestop but you already knew that

Dialga 8/9 to 9/8
Palkia 9/9 to 9/29
Giratina 9/30- 10/20

Isn't it UK only? I thought it was, at least. If we don't get it in Finland, I'll rage my butt off. xD

If anyone gets an extra, I would love one of them. Ermahgeerd shinies :3

For those in the UK, a new event has been revealed by the facebook pages of various GAME stores. This event is to run from August 30th 2013 to September 12th 2013 and is to offer a download of a Shiny Dialga. On September 13th to September 26th, a Shiny Palkia will be distributed and from September 27th to October 12th, a shiny Giratina will be distributed. We'll provide full details, as well as official confirmation, as soon as possible

From serebii

FujiKing said:
It's weird how they're doing it now but who cares 3 Legendary Shinies!

My guess is it'll have some sort of side-plot significance to X/Y, like the Shiny legendary beasts did for B/W.

It's UK and North America. The original announcement was just for the UK, but the event was announced for North America today.

Frezgle said:
My guess is it'll have some sort of side-plot significance to X/Y, like the Shiny legendary beasts did for B/W.

If it was required for XY, then everyone would have it.

Bolt the Cat said:
Frezgle said:

If it was required for XY, then everyone would have it.

They only just got announced for the US though, after initially being thought to only be distributed in the UK. The others might come later.
It just seems too random to be... well, random. The distribution goes right up into October and I don't think there'd be a Gen V distribution right before Gen VI comes out if the two aren't related in some way.
If they are related, it creates more of a push to buy the new games, after all d:

FujiKing said:
It's only in the U.S.
It's weird how they're doing it now but who cares 3 Legendary Shinies!

You mean U.K. right? You said U.S.XD.:) Anyway I am getting these events but not from GAMESTOP. I know someone that is getting the wonder cards and as soon as he gets them and can farm them he will send me a copy of each of the 3 events. I will either get them the same day or the day after they come out. Depends on how fast he can farm the sets first XD.:)

Actually, it has been confirmed for German, France, Italy and Spain too. Also, I checked on the portuguese site of B2W2, and Portugal (my country) supposedly will get them too. So, I assume other (european) countries that have games in english instead of their native language might get the event as well.

I already planned everything. I'll get shiny Dialga in White, shiny Palkia in Black and shiny Giratina in both Black 2 and White 2. Two Giratina so I can have one in Altered forme and one in Origin Forme (like I did in SS, in the Arceus event, I chose Giratina so I could have 2 (with my Platinum one), one in each forme).

Salamencetrainer34 said:
SO, only one in the game? YOu can't get all 3? That's stupid!

You can get all three in one game. They're just being distributed one at a time, over a period of about two months. :y

Yeah. Remember the Crown Beasts? They too had a staggered distribution. By the way, is there any word on what abilities these Three Dragons have? Is it Pressure (normal) or Telepathy (hidden)?

Frezgle said:
It just seems too random to be... well, random. The distribution goes right up into October and I don't think there'd be a Gen V distribution right before Gen VI comes out if the two aren't related in some way.
If they are related, it creates more of a push to buy the new games, after all d:

GEN 4 REMAKES CONFIRMED!!!!11

...I'll go back to my corner of shame now.

Yeah they might remake 4th gen because they don't work on WPA. Because of these events this might benthe first step. Don't get too excited yet though because it is NOT official yet XD.:)

Frezgle said:
They only just got announced for the US though, after initially being thought to only be distributed in the UK. The others might come later.

I'll believe that when they announce the events for Japan as well, if it really unlocks something in XY, they'd have to distribute it to every region that has it.

Metalizard said:
I already planned everything. I'll get shiny Dialga in White, shiny Palkia in Black and shiny Giratina in both Black 2 and White 2. Two Giratina so I can have one in Altered forme and one in Origin Forme (like I did in SS, in the Arceus event, I chose Giratina so I could have 2 (with my Platinum one), one in each forme).

It's BW2 only.

Bolt the Cat said:
Metalizard said:

It's BW2 only.

"A trio of incredible Pokémon from the Sinnoh region are coming to your game! Get the Legendary Pokémon Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina at participating GameStop stores starting on August 19th, 2013 for your Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game."

Straight from the official site. d:

Frezgle said:
"A trio of incredible Pokémon from the Sinnoh region are coming to your game! Get the Legendary Pokémon Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina at participating GameStop stores starting on August 19th, 2013 for your Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game."

Straight from the official site. d:

Huh. Guess Serebii's wrong.

I dk about everyone else but I am excited for these Pokes to come out. I am also surprised on how well this thread is doing

@Salamencetrainer34: The only reason I'm getting each one in a different game is because I don't want to fill all my Wonder card spots in a single game... but yes you can get all 3 in the same game...
Also, @Bolt: like Frezgle said, it's for all 4 games... even if it wasn't I could still use only Black 2 and White 2 combined to get the 3 of them plus the additional Giratina...

Back