Sigilyph- an amazing Mewtwo counter!

They most definitely are relevant for this thread. For Sigilyph to be a decent counter to Mewtwo it'll have to survive everything Mewtwo is commonly played with.

I've already said in my first post in this thread,
Safeguard>EXs
No one is going to disagree

You keep bring up situations that will NEVER happen. How hard is it to contemplate that it's just not a good Mewtwo counter

Ok mewtwo vs sigilyph its a tie since we can't enter catchers and we can't use other pokemon then we can't use energy either otherwise it would be mewtwo vs sigilyph and energy thread. Come on now panda be realistic about it that's what a thread is for so discuss it for real its a great thought but it can't be played well enough to be a viable counter imho the card was made for smaller players to think it was an answer to the ex madness they've done it before and it didn't hamper the ex pokemon that much either

Alright guys, let's get this thread back on track, I would hate to have to lock it, because some valid discussion can come out of this. We have already established that straight Sigilyph beats straight Mewtwo EX, so let's here some other points relevant to the metagame!

Just pointing this out as it was being talked about on the first page, Garbodor only affects abilities that deal with the discard pile (ex. Eelektrik). Gothitelle's ability would not be stopped.

I understand how people are seeing this as a Mewtwo counter. However, I don't this would work very well. The reason is that EVERY single other played Pokemon can OHKO this, making it terrible! If an active EX even sees this card, they will just simply retreat/Switch to a Zekky or something else that is a non-EX attacker.

This Dude would be a strong force with Chande Plume !
(No Catcher) Shame Vileplume will probably be out of play :([/align]

CookieFlakes said:
This Dude would be a strong force with Chande Plume !
(No Catcher) Shame Vileplume will probably be out of play :([/align]

We don't know anything about our next rotation so why grief?
Other than that I agree that Sigilyph beats straight Mewtwo not only by its attack, but with his Ability. Can work as a tech but not as a straight deck because of poor match-ups (cough Durant cough).

A real Mewtwo EX counter would be Mewtwo Lv. X. Stops basics cold and kills them dead. Alas....

I think Sigilyph is interesting, but I also think it won't do what we want it to do. If there were serious about making him a Mewtwo Counter, they would have had his attack do at least 80 base damage and would have given him 160 HP. Maybe even free retreat.

Mewtwo is a mewtwo counter why 170 hp and a good attack but without the ability. If sigilyph had that much hp then it would be a legendary. Its ability is enough I think. If it had 160 hp it would be way too overpowered.

I actually met someone at states that played Reshiboar EX with 4 Reshiram EX and 4 Mewtwo EX, I could run a strait Sigiliph deck just to troll him.

All you have to do in CMT is switch/retreat and attack with Tornadus.
It's probably not that hard to play against.

Drifblim will be the real reason for a Mewtwo counter, if anything. for a single colorless energy, it hits 50 for each Special Energy in the discard pile. Also hits for weakness. Crash Hammer, anyone?

I'm getting pretty tired of reading here, but this is the cold hard truth. There is NO better Mewtwo EX counter than Mewtwo EX. No "ifs". No "ands". No "buts".

If you're pissy about not being able to afford one, than save some cash, or sell some of your lesser used things (video games, toys old cards, the list goes on) and get a few copies. I'd personally go the case route but that's a moot point

Azurial said:
I'm getting pretty tired of reading here, but this is the cold hard truth. There is NO better Mewtwo EX counter than Mewtwo EX. No "ifs". No "ands". No "buts".

If you're mad about not being able to afford one, than save some cash, or sell some of your lesser used things (video games, toys old cards, the list goes on) and get a few copies. I'd personally go the case route but that's a moot point

Said in the best way possible.

This card is rubbish when we look at the game as a whole and not individually. I don't need a page-long article or Captain Obvious to tell me that.

Back