SIR Briar, IR Archaludon from Stellar Miracle!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The special illustration rare version of Briar and the illustration rare version of Archaludon were just revealed from Stellar Miracle, which releases in Japan on July 19th. We expect its cards to become part of our Stellar Crown on September 13th.
Briar – Trainer
Supporter
You can play this card only if your opponent has exactly 2 Prize cards remaining.
Until the end of this turn, if your opponent’s Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from 1 of your Tera Pokémon’s attacks, take 1 more Prize card.
You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn...

Continue reading...

First of all, Archeludon looks amazing.

Second of all, Briar highlights the pros and cons of using different artists for full art and special illustration rare trainers.

See, I love Naoki Saito, so the full art Briar is RIGHT up my alley; where as, the special illustration rare just doesn't do anything for me. I had the same deal with Erika from 151, the full art was great and the special illustration rare not so much. Giovanni from 151 was the opposite and Lana from Twilight Masquerade is one of the times I loved both.

It's nice that a lot of cards get love this way and at the very least, I know based on the original trainer card what I can expect to a degree so I can tell in advance if I will like it!

First of all, Archeludon looks amazing.

Second of all, Briar highlights the pros and cons of using different artists for full art and special illustration rare trainers.

See, I love Naoki Saito, so the full art Briar is RIGHT up my alley; where as, the special illustration rare just doesn't do anything for me. I had the same deal with Erika from 151, the full art was great and the special illustration rare not so much. Giovanni from 151 was the opposite and Lana from Twilight Masquerade is one of the times I loved both.

It's nice that a lot of cards get love this way and at the very least, I know based on the original trainer card what I can expect to a degree so I can tell in advance if I will like it!
It's the opposite for me. I think that SIR Erika and Briar look better. Those FA Trainer do nothing for me anyways. It's usually generic anime art in front of a lame bg.

Also see for me I don’t ever find myself feeling too picky about trainer card illustrations because it’s just fun to get more official art of Any of the trainers. The Pokemon all get tons and tons but the trainers only get so much depending on their popularity so stuff like this makes me happy regardless.

Also see for me I don’t ever find myself feeling too picky about trainer card illustrations because it’s just fun to get more official art of Any of the trainers. The Pokemon all get tons and tons but the trainers only get so much depending on their popularity so stuff like this makes me happy regardless.
I rather have 10 more Pokemon AR as I don’t think any of the Trainers has a compelling personality in the games. Like the Sun/Moon characters: they were only somewhat like able because I watched the anime but in the games they had 0 impact to me.

I’m happy for the people who enjoy these cards tho.

Oh a shame Archaludon AR doesn’t show it being used as a literal bridge lol but omg that Briar is so so beautiful definitely the chase of the set for me. Anyways I’m happy the tcg does give love to trainers absolutely some of us find discernible personalities from them (specially SV) and some of the designs go so hard it’s inevitable it will gather fans or for whatever other reason, it will be just as valid

Good to see two female bookworms (Sada and Briar) getting banger SARs! Always pleased to see more awesome FA/SAR Supporters ripe for the collecting 😃

I rather have 10 more Pokemon AR as I don’t think any of the Trainers has a compelling personality in the games. Like the Sun/Moon characters: they were only somewhat like able because I watched the anime but in the games they had 0 impact to me.

I’m happy for the people who enjoy these cards tho.
I can understand that.
For me I feel like trainer characters are just as important as the pokemon themselves with helping make the world feel more fleshed out and alive, and as much as I like alot of them, I also get people enjoy Pokemon most for…Well, the pokemon LOL

I saw this other one on Twitter. Not aure if it has been added to the list yet

Attachments

• 20240712_165102.jpg
    20240712_165102.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 75
It's the opposite for me. I think that SIR Erika and Briar look better. Those FA Trainer do nothing for me anyways. It's usually generic anime art in front of a lame bg.
I have never been a trainer super fan myself. Hence why I did a IR and SIR themed pokedex binder. Don't have to worry about trainers, FAS or collecting all sets

I have never been a trainer super fan myself. Hence why I did a IR and SIR themed pokedex binder. Don't have to worry about trainers, FAS or collecting all sets
I have that too for Japanese cards. And it’s not like I don’t like the art on those cards . The SIR trainers are great mostly. It’s just the FAs that suck lol

I wish the Archaludon art was of him forming a bridge over a small creek in the Terarium for little Pokemon, like tepig, tyrogue, pikipek, etc

Back