• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sky Forest and Sea (Trevenant / Crawdaunt / Shaymin EX)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• Phantump x4
    Trevenant (XY) x3
    Corphish x3
    Crawdaunt x3
    Shaymin EX (ROS) x3
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Professor Sycamore x4
    N x3
    Professor Birch's Observations x1
    Lysandre x1
    Lysandre's Trump Card x1
    AZ x2

Crushing Hammer x4
    Enhanced Hammer x2
    Ultra Ball x3
    Float Stone x2
    Muscle Band x2
    Switch x2
    Sacred Ash x1
    VS Seeker x3

Scoop Up Cyclone x1

Dimensional Valley x3
Energy:

• Psychic Energy x5
    DCE x4

Strategy:

Let's try and play all Seismitoad variants at once!

This deck functions similarly to a standard U-Turn-into-Trevenant deck, but includes a few Crawdaunt lines for knocking off energy, and Shaymin-EX as your U-Turner. Shaymin unfortunately caps out at 50 damage with a Muscle Band, meaning this deck is never going to hit high numbers, but the benefit of including this Pokemon is its ability, which lets you draw until you have 6 cards in your hand whenever you play it onto your bench. This way, you can draw into all the Supporters, Hammers and Crawdaunts you need to disrupt your opponent, then LTC them back in and start again.

Trevenant is our backup attacker, hence the inclusion of Dimensional Valley. With a Muscle Band, Trevenant hits for 80 damage and 20 to two of your opponent's benched Pokemon- not a terrible 2nd option, considering you're still item-locking them at the same time.

The main problems this deck will run into will most likely concern its lack of damage- Toad and Accelgor both cap at 50-70 damage, but the former is run with Lasers and the latter Poisoned and Paralysed your opponent. I guess I could run Hypnotoxic Laser in this deck, but I just don't like the card.

Highly doubt this deck'll be particularly competitive, mainly because Float Stone is rotating out soon and this leaves Trevenant with little means of retreating (Mystery Energy only decreases retreat cost by 2, and Trevenant is 3). So, I may just have Trevenant as the main attacker and keep Shaymin for his Ability. Something else I thought about was including 4 Wally and 4 Trainer's Mail from the new set, to try and ensure a turn 1 Item Lock by any means necessary. Maybe I'll try that in testing.

RE: Sky, Forest and Sea (Trevenant/Crawdaunt/Shaymin)

I would recomend a few super scoop ups. The goal of the deck is to reuse Crawdaunt and Shamin EX as much as you can. I would drop the sacred ash because Lysandres Trump Card does the exact same thing but better and you already play that. I would then drop a switch and a Dimensional vally and add in 3 Super Scoop Ups. I like the Wallys and Training Posts but the deck is already really tight, I would also try to incorporate a Xerosic or Team Flare Grunt to further the energy denial strategy.

Back