Slurpuff Deck

Yeah I wasn't knocking anybody down or saying it was a bad thing. I was just pointing it out, I thought it was funny.
And wow, I haven't gone to an event recently, people are really using hard charm?? What benefit does it have for Yveltal specifically??

DreamingMunna said:
Yeah I wasn't knocking anybody down or saying it was a bad thing. I was just pointing it out, I thought it was funny.
And wow, I haven't gone to an event recently, people are really using hard charm?? What benefit does it have for Yveltal specifically??

Im guessing its because most decks are catered to hit for 180 maximum as that was the max hp of all EX pokemon, and an yveltal with 190 hp can survive pretty much any hit. Yveltal probably works so well with hard charm because of how offensive it is (sometimes not even needing a muscle band to ko some pokemon) and an extra turn can be enough to take another prize with evil ball or preserve some energy with Y cyclone before getting knocked out.

No, it's just to troll Donphan even more and make baby Y ridiculously annoying. It also happens to significantly help the metal matchup.

But now we're waaaay off topic.

Pipotchi said:
DreamingMunna said:

Im guessing its because most decks are catered to hit for 180 maximum as that was the max hp of all EX pokemon, and an yveltal with 190 hp can survive pretty much any hit. Yveltal probably works so well with hard charm because of how offensive it is (sometimes not even needing a muscle band to ko some pokemon) and an extra turn can be enough to take another prize with evil ball or preserve some energy with Y cyclone before getting knocked out.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks for answering :).

I've been trying this deck out as a side deck. It currently has Comp Search. Though i only have access to one of them and i want to put it into another deck that needs it more. Either way thoughts on running Scoop Up Cyclone?

It can "full heal" a seismitoad, bring up a Slurpuff with a float stone attached and allow you to draw 2 cards with tasting, and then drop down Seismitoad again, with DCE, and muscle band. It also remove head ringer or w/e attached to seismitoad, and status effects. Being able to reuse this seems pretty good as well.

I've been contemplating putting a max potion in the deck for similar results. But this just seems like a better option for prize denial, more so than a life dew. It also seems more threatening than rock guard.

The current deck build i use also has Jirachi, and being able to reuse jirachi or just get it off the bench seems pretty great. Since its dead weight once it comes out.

I personally wouldn't play anything else beside for a comp search in a quad toad deck, but I can see the reason to put in cyclone. I do think the deck does run scoop ups already, so with the Lysandres Trump Card and VS seekers you should be able to get the flips you need without having to run a cyclone.

THIRTEEN said:
Cyclone only takes up a slot, unlike several Supers.

But you don't plan on using the ace spec more then once in this instance. The Cylcone effect will be wanted to be used multiple times for slurpuff tastings and for seismitoad healing, not just one effective time.

Its not effective just once. You play trump card several times. I played a few games with this so far and i end up using trump card at least 2 times to get all my stuff back.

Ivy_Profen said:
Its not effective just once. You play trump card several times. I played a few games with this so far and i end up using trump card at least 2 times to get all my stuff back.

Yes, but why do you need to use an ace spec to take the spot of 3 other cards in the deck...for space? Theres more then enough room for the scoop ups without the cyclone and can have a computer search to get you out of bad hand/DCE/game winning card/etc.

My deck doesnt have any room for SSU and i dont like playing flippy cards. Either way as i said earlier. The Comp Search is needed more in the other deck as this is a side deck. So its either cyclone, life dew, rock guard, or dowsing machine.

My bf used to run a Deluge deck and I would win like 99% of the time, then he made this Slurpuff/Seismetoad deck, with FOUR hypnotoxic lasers, Virbank, and a bunch of hammers; it's such an annoying deck, and he kicked my butt! I'm scared to play against him now, I hate losing.

Back