RSE/FRLG So the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary is coming soon

KickitupDude

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were released in Japan on November 21, 2002. It was released in North America on March 19, 2003. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were released in Australia on April 3, 2003. Europe got the games much later, on November 14, 2003.

It's almost time that Ruby and Sapphire will be released 10 years, November 21, 2002 to November 21, 2012. Should we do something to promote this? Post with your ideas!

RE: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary Coming Soon

inb4 RS remakes.

On topic, though, do we really need to celebrate something like that? I mean, it wasn't that special a game, or at least not to me.

Ruby/Saphire doesn't need to be promoted on their 10th anniversary especially if the anniversary is another useless reason as to why we should get remakes., because if there's no events being held in honor, it's really not worth it other than a few short words

Needs moar Jiracchi distro :)

Nah, Remakes plz ;)

Is it really? Gordon bennet, I feel old. I remember those games coming out...

Wasn't that great a game? Excuse me? Those games were my entire childhood!
*rants*
Anyway I think something should be done about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that loved these games as much as I do. I want to see something done about this, because these games were so special to me.
But that just might be my opinion lol.

I for one, am looking quite forward to Stunning Sapphire and Radical Ruby ^.==.^ . Just imagine the revamped Trick Master, or perhaps New Mauville will finally be completely built! Diving will look decisively epic by this time! Whooo!

Off topic, but isn't there a Bolt the Cat on Sega Forums?

Anyway...I never played those games, but I might eventually get Emerald. Or if they make a remake or something. But if the remake is 3DS...ok Pokemon is just a bunch of pictures, would making a 3DS game finally make them have real graphics? Sorry, kinda off-topic again...

I actually can't believe that it was that long ago!
I'm only 16 but wow.. does not feel that long

One of my prominent pokemon memories is losing to glacia so much with my only good pokemon Blaziken, and the groundon I'd got :rolleyes:

AnimeUSA said:
Wasn't that great a game? Excuse me? Those games were my entire childhood!
*rants*

First off, I didn't say it wasn't that great a game, I said it wasn't that special. I think it's okay, but most of the Pokemon are (or at least were) somewhat lackluster especially compared to what we got in GSC.

regigigas said:
Off topic, but isn't there a Bolt the Cat on Sega Forums?

Yep, that is also me, and I'm on Serebii and DA as well.

Maybe a Kyogre / Groudon event! For Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2.

KickitupDude said:
Maybe a Kyogre / Groudon event! For Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2.
That would be awesome. Hopefully Kyogre for black since I got Groudon in Soulsilver, but whatever. (Or maybe Kyogre in black and Groudon in black 2, or vice versa)

I doubt we'll be getting remakes anytime soon. But an Event to celebrate would be nice.

Bisharp37 said:
I doubt we'll be getting remakes anytime soon. But an Event to celebrate would be nice.

Agreed, I think part of why Red/Blue and Gold/Silver were remade was to allow them to connect to later generations. And until everything gets moved over to a newer handheld that doesnt support it (mainly the 3DS), then there's no need for a remake.

redterror117 said:
Agreed, I think part of why Red/Blue and Gold/Silver were remade was to allow them to connect to later generations. And until everything gets moved over to a newer handheld that doesnt support it (mainly the 3DS), then there's no need for a remake.

You mean like how the DSI and 3DS don't support GBA games?

Cinesra said:
You mean like how the DSI and 3DS don't support GBA games?

Right, but the 4th/5th gen games are DS games, which can operate on systems that support GBA as well (DS/DS Lite). I think once they start making Pokemon games for the 3DS, then they 'might' remake the R/S/E games. However Red and Blue don't need to be remade, as Kanto was already updated in HG/SS

Wow, Sapphire was my first Pokemon game (though I had played the others before). Something about the Hoenn region made me play through the game 10 times at least. The Pokemon introduced definitely weren't of the same caliber as Johto, but there were still plenty of gems there--Zangoose, Flygon, Milotic, Absol, Registeel, Kyogre, Rayquaza (to name a few).

My greatest two qualms with R/S/E? One, no trainer in the ENTIRE GAME uses a Vibrava. Took me forever to figure out how to get Flygon, until I was only missing that random Poke between Trapinch and Flygon. Second, only four panels have a Feebas. Pleasant.

This could explain why Nintendo is speeding through Generation 5.

IMO they are wanting to do RSE remakes and get em out fast.

Maybe there will be RSE on virtual console for 3DS? that'd be sweet. and a Kyogre/Groudon distribution would be cool.

Back