Special English “Scarlet & Violet” 6.5 Set to Release in August!

We should probably get a high class japanese booster box set with this? I would assume it would be like a 151 & Paldean Fates kind of set. (1) Japanese High Class Booster Box & (1) Elite Trainer box for English. Happy to find out soon! Always stoked to have new Pokemon! Looking forward to the new art rares & SARs for this set!

We should probably get a high class japanese booster box set with this? I would assume it would be like a 151 & Paldean Fates kind of set. (1) Japanese High Class Booster Box & (1) Elite Trainer box for English. Happy to find out soon! Always stoked to have new Pokemon! Looking forward to the new art rares & SARs for this set!
151 was not a high class set it was just a subset, high class sets are the last set of the year and they come usually on december (Shiny Star V, VMAX Climax, VSTAR Universe, Shiny Treasure ex). If it's based on Paradise Dragona it would be like 151, a subset.

> Each of the main English sets this block have introduced a major new Pokemon or mechanic.

This got me wondering. Do I have it right?

SV - ex & terra
Paldea Evo - ??
Obsidian - diff typed terra?
Paradox - ancient/future
Temporal - acespecs

151 was not a high class set it was just a subset, high class sets are the last set of the year and they come usually on december (Shiny Star V, VMAX Climax, VSTAR Universe, Shiny Treasure ex). If it's based on Paradise Dragona it would be like 151, a subset.
Correct, i misworded special with subset on 151

> Each of the main English sets this block have introduced a major new Pokemon or mechanic.

This got me wondering. Do I have it right?

SV - ex & terra
Paldea Evo - ??
Obsidian - diff typed terra?
Paradox - ancient/future
Temporal - acespecs
- Paldea Evolved: Treasures of Ruin
- Obsidian Flames: Type-shifted Tera
- Paradox Rift: Paradox Pokemon
- Temporal Forces: The Legendary Paradox Pokemon and ACE SPEC
- Twilight Masquerade: Ogerpon and Bloodmoon Ursaluna

For five minutes… could TPCi not print a special set? FOR FIVE MINUTES!

Seriously. I‘m really getting tired of these buyer-unfriendly, scalper-enticing special sets.

Because TPCi can’t really adapt to the way the TCG is released in Japan while the sell-outs of Generations, Hidden Fates, and Celebrations products have taught them that releasing special sets is guaranteed profits.
This is some awesome rage bait, lol.

This group of products all listed as “first wave” has got me frightened (more so my wallet)

151 full waves had a total of 8 promos spread over 5 product types with 8 total unique product types - it was mostly reasonable with 1 “super premium box” (+100$) an ETB (50$) being the next most expensive then a few “normal price point” (20$ish) promo boxes

Paldea fates then hit us hard with a whopping 16 promos spread over 10 products but with only 6 unique product types these - 3 premium boxes and ETB (50$ish each) followed by 3 tins (30$ish) then the doggy 3 packs (15ish each)

Somehow this set at its “first wave” is already at 11-13 promos as the first wave in 5-7 products with only 4 product types listed as including promos and 5 types total - how much more can there be? is there going to be a BIG expensive box added too like a Zard version of the Mew box? Will that add 3+ more promo cards? Maybe a few more (2-3) standard size tins? Obviously they’ve taken to releasing the 6 pack Bundles late in the drops but what else would/could they drop in additional waves? Maybe pin collections like they did with champion path / shining fates? It just seems like they’re really expanding their cash grab mentality it will be interesting to see the price point because they’ve been up charging heavily on promos in newer boxes - the recent Easter crate was like 50$ for only 6 packs and “a bunch of promos”

Now for some light speculation I know it doesn’t make perfect sense yet but I kinda hope that they give us the Blastoise ex and Venusaur ex with the illustrations of squirt and bulba as the ex special collections and then just drop that Zard ex into the set itself - but if it is a “dragon themed set” that likely won’t be happening -

Back