Special Illustration Rare Lacey from Stellar Miracle!

Forgot to mention. The place that "hosts" the Prerelease I go to, does some of the scummiest shit. They pay 60% of TCGPLAYER price and when you want to buy a card, they go over the TCGPLAYER price. Even some 10 cent reverse foil 151 cards to complete a set, they charge 50 cents. 5 fudging times TCGPLAYER price. And they definitely have been resealing some packs. They deserve it. Plus, at the Prerelease event, they only allow masters division. So no, no kids get affected by my deck strategy.
The store doesn't care if you cheat, you're not screwing over the store- because no matter what, there is going to be a winner at each event. What you're doing is screwing over the players, who have nothing to do with how the store is run or how shitty the store may be.

Which would be logical, except the workers ALSO join in and somehow also get 3 copies of "good" cards in their decks as well. While everyone else unseals their Build and Battle, theirs are already out of the shrink-wrap but the packs are "sealed." Yet they get 3 of the same card they need somehow. Tell me how easy it is to open 4 Paldea Evolved Packs and pulling 3 uncommon or reverse Iono, or opening 4 Obsidian Flames packs and getting 3 copies of the Arven as uncommon or reverse? Not easy right? Yet, somehow, they do. I'm just giving them the same treatment.
I think you should just find a new store. You aren't in the right here, cheating is not a good solution no matter the circumstances. You are no better than the store. Also they could just... be lucky? Or have unwrapped them before you saw it?
Also, what you are doing isn't fair to the other players who are also at the event to have fun. They are playing fair and you are cheating them.

I mean, its not like I do it all the time. SM Base, Crimson Invasion, and then Ultra Prizm (Lillie Reprint), then SwSh Base, (then Pandemic happened). Last time I did it was Scarlet and Violet base. Now, if I do it again, it would be with this new card, but mind you, I don't do it at Every Prerelease every new set.
You have still justified it in your mind. Just don't go if the store is scamming you, but don't cheat the other players. Not doing it every time doesn't make it better, and you have already done it 5 times. Just don't cheat.

If I don't do it, the store STILL cheats everyone else. At least I'm willing to do something about it, even if it means at the expense of the others. Its the others who should go to a different store. Just leave me be in my San Antonio area. That's all I'll say. Looking forward to the next Prerelease.
The other players don't know that you are cheating, do they? And if they keep going to the store without complaint, it shouldn't be their fault that one player thinks they're better than everyone else and deserves special treatment.

Back