• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speed Zekrom [Zekrom, Cobalion, Pachirisu & Shaymin]

Which idea is better?

• ZPS with Yanmega

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • ZPS with Tornadus

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: ZYPS or ZPST? Zekrom Donk deck

Tornadus is better. It is a basic so it takes up a lot less room, you can donk with it if you cant pull a switch, it is more reliable than yanmega (you dont need to match hand sizes) and it does more damage than yanmega.

Hey I just got into the game after a break and noticed we play the same deck. My feedback may not be the best, but have you tried Lanturn Prime? With the recent hate for him at my league I decided to main him and I did pretty well against Donphan and Reshiram which in my opinion is the decks harder match ups. I like Yanmega, but I feel there is so much unnecessary cards a deck is forced to run with him. I personally don't like Copycat because it relies entirely on your opponents hand count and if they see your playing Yanmega they usually play their hand low so you don't get much out of copy cats. Just my two cents, but if you have the time you should try Lanturn. Him combined with Tornadus gives good synergy with DCE and also helps mid to late game giving you a versatile attacker with answers to the top meta pokemon.

If you really want pluspowers just take out one oaks and one revive for two of them. Otherwise idk what you'd take out.. GL dude.

Thanks for the comments!

@Volkner218 Using Lanturn Prime means being totally weakn against Donphan, and the reason why I run Zekrom instead of Lanturn Prime is because it's a basic, it has 130 HP and you can donk with it. But if it works for you, use it!

@Sleeping Snorlax pluspowers...? that's not the only difference in both lists =P the idea of using pluspowers in the new decklist its because... yes (?)

Ahiro said:
Thanks for the comments!

@Volkner218 Using Lanturn Prime means being totally weakn against Donphan, and the reason why I run Zekrom instead of Lanturn Prime is because it's a basic, it has 130 HP and you can donk with it. But if it works for you, use it!

@Sleeping Snorlax pluspowers...? that's not the only difference in both lists =P the idea of using pluspowers in the new decklist its because... yes (?)

Oh I think you miunderstood what i was trying to say, I play 4 Zekrom but instead of Yanmega prime i try out 2-2 Lanturn and 2 Tornadus. Sorry for not being clear. Thanks for reading.

Oh, I see xD Well, its a nice strategy. I prefer that space for a third tornadus and more items or supporters. Just a preference =P

pluspowers are a great idea if youre looking to donk and stand a chance against reshiram.

"stand a chance against reshiram."

@Gyarados Prime reshiram decks needs 3 turns to build a Reshiram, Zekrom can build in 1. Both decks have its pros and cons.

RE: Speed Zekrom [Zekrom, Mewtwo EX, Pachirisu & Shaymin]

UPDATED DECKLIST

-3 Tornadus
+3 Mewtwo EX (for obvious reasons)

I'm still thinking if there's a better companion for Zekrom (that can KO Mewtwo EX wihtout any problem). Any ideas?

Back