Spinarak, Ariados from ‘Paradigm Trigger’!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Spinarak and Ariados have been revealed from the Japanese set Paradigm Trigger, which releases in Japan on October 21st. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Spinarak – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[G][C] Bug Bite: 30 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Ariados – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Spinarak
Ability: String of Shade
As long as this...

Continue reading...

“Look what they need to mimic a fraction of our power” - Forbidden Light Goomy
Speaking of said Goomy, since Ariados works from the bench you can stack them in Expanded and with Wondrous Labyrinth too... unfortunately for said combo it's not that hard to get around, especially in Expanded.

Vstar decks are fudging dead
Are you sure? Why the likes of Giratina, Arceus, and Palkia are still one of the best decks in Standard? Bold of you assuming that this cards broke the meta when it isn't. Dude, watch some tournaments online or the likes of JustinBasil for the list Top Decks in Standard, in order to justify your statement, not just blast away without doing proper research.

Sorry in advance to hate you, but at least, at least know what you're saying. That's why I always do negative reviews on some cards, because my first impressions on the cards doesn't captivate or convince me that this is a good card, when it isn't.

I think you could include a single copy of this into a zoroark box. Assuming you're not playing in an open decklist event, I can imagine this card really messing up your opponent if timed well.

Last edited:
Love this, very much a 2005 or 2008 style of card

I don’t know what decks that we have right now will use it, but I can definetly see this pop up in decks that can fit in jolteon capsule

So, arc bibarel + alternative attacker(s)
Palkia bibarel
Palkia intel
Vikavolt?
Zoroark toolbox?
Zoroark vstar? So palkia can’t keep up as much.
Controll?
Sylveon vmax?

Isn't it the same for you? Pretty sure the guy was kidding, but holi cannoli you went and jumped down his throat..
B-But, but he rates cards on a forum! He's an authority! He has every right to display a pretentious, holier-than-thou attitude to anyone he sees fit!

But seriously... I don't get why people have to be so hostile over something like this, that in the worst case is a bit misguided, and in the best (most likely case), just a joke.

Are you sure? Why the likes of Giratina, Arceus, and Palkia are still one of the best decks in Standard? Bold of you assuming that this cards broke the meta when it isn't. Dude, watch some tournaments online or the likes of JustinBasil for the list Top Decks in Standard, in order to justify your statement, not just blast away without doing proper research.

Sorry in advance to hate you, but at least, at least know what you're saying. That's why I always do negative reviews on some cards, because my first impressions on the cards doesn't captivate or convince me that this is a good card, when it isn't.
Woah.. dude, chill out.

it's hard to describe but it feels like this reply was typed while channeling the energy of all Redditors worldwide

Back