Squirtle, Pidgeot, and More “Genetic Apex” Cards Revealed from Pokemon TCG Pocket!

I need that pidgeot card. Why is it digital only!
same. although, I still think its weird that they decided to make the hair like that. I'm still not sure if its starts further in the back (and not between the eyes) or if it is am unfortunate choice of shading.

was it already truly confirmed that these cards will never be printed in reality? They even did that oddish card from that show.

same. although, I still think its weird that they decided to make the hair like that. I'm still not sure if its starts further in the back (and not between the eyes) or if it is am unfortunate choice of shading.

was it already truly confirmed that these cards will never be printed in reality? They even did that oddish card from that show.
It could be ai assisted since it tends to draw pidgeot's hair wrong but until I see a hd version of it, it's hard to tell. I would have made some difference choices. I don't know who the artist is but it seems like a lot of work and money to pay artist for sn app they know most won't play do using gen ai makes sense here. Still I hope they print that card because I need it in my pidgeot collection.

It could be ai assisted since it tends to draw pidgeot's hair wrong but until I see a hd version of it, it's hard to tell. I would have made some difference choices. I don't know who the artist is but it seems like a lot of work and money to pay artist for sn app they know most won't play do using gen ai makes sense here. Still I hope they print that card because I need it in my pidgeot collection.
i hope you are able to recognize how unhinged it looks and also frankly how disrespectful it is to speculate on a picture with no actual signs of being generative ai like this. "that's not how i would have drawn pidgeot so it's ai?" ai hysteria really broke some peoples' brains big time.

i hope you are able to recognize how unhinged it looks and also frankly how disrespectful it is to speculate on a picture with no actual signs of being generative ai like this. "that's not how i would have drawn pidgeot so it's ai?" ai hysteria really broke some peoples' brains big time.
I think you are being more disrespectful here. I agree with you that not everything that fits personal taste must be AI, but as an prof illustrator I can tell you that the worry is pretty much real.

That said, the person did not say it’s AI but AI assisted (which is not necessarily bad to begin with) and also gave a reason for it (as you been saying there is no sign) which was the respond to my post: that AI messes up pidgeots hair pretty often and it looks pretty weird in this card.

as an prof illustrator I can tell you that the worry is pretty much real.
there is a difference between sincere and well-founded worry and hysteria, and the latter is far more prevalent in the space.
That said, the person did not say it’s AI but AI assisted (which is not necessarily bad to begin with) and also gave a reason for it (as you been saying there is no sign) which was the respond to my post: that AI messes up pidgeots hair pretty often and it looks pretty weird in this card.
i don't know how to put this other than to say that you are (pending a better explanation than "looks pretty weird") imagining every part of this. pidgeot looks exactly how it's supposed to look here. no matter how many times i read it, i actually cannot parse what your description of "its starts further in the back (and not between the eyes) or if it is am unfortunate choice of shading." is supposed to mean. it's like we're looking at different pictures. pidgeot's hair does not look "pretty weird in this card". it just looks like pidgeot. we're at the point where even imagined, entirely vibes-based "weirdness" is now going to be forever attributed by irrational and paranoid people to ai "assistance" (a very convenient accusation that can be endlessly levied with no evidence even if a picture exhibits zero signs of generative ai) instead of the infinitely more probable reasoning of "a person drew something a certain way that is not 1:1 with a 3d model trace." Anesaki Dynamic has been doing art for the tcg for almost a decade now. i understand if complaining about ai is your main personality trait as an artist now that you might be ready to see it everywhere you look, but it seems like they just do ordinary pokemon illustrations.

en_US-HF-022-electrode.jpg

actually, hang on. you might be on to something. i just looked up this Electrode card that they did, and... it does look pretty weird. why is it all stretched and warped like that... i know drawing electrode as anything but a perfect circle isn't how i would have done it. all of that blurring around the edges of its outline is definitely a little suspicious. must be at least ai assisted.

there is a difference between sincere and well-founded worry and hysteria, and the latter is far more prevalent in the space.

i don't know how to put this other than to say that you are (pending a better explanation than "looks pretty weird") imagining every part of this. pidgeot looks exactly how it's supposed to look here. no matter how many times i read it, i actually cannot parse what your description of "its starts further in the back (and not between the eyes) or if it is am unfortunate choice of shading." is supposed to mean. it's like we're looking at different pictures. pidgeot's hair does not look "pretty weird in this card". it just looks like pidgeot. we're at the point where even imagined, entirely vibes-based "weirdness" is now going to be forever attributed by irrational and paranoid people to ai "assistance" (a very convenient accusation that can be endlessly levied with no evidence even if a picture exhibits zero signs of generative ai) instead of the infinitely more probable reasoning of "a person drew something a certain way that is not 1:1 with a 3d model trace." Anesaki Dynamic has been doing art for the tcg for almost a decade now. i understand if complaining about ai is your main personality trait as an artist now that you might be ready to see it everywhere you look, but it seems like they just do ordinary pokemon illustrations.

View attachment 19701

actually, hang on. you might be on to something. i just looked up this Electrode card that they did, and... it does look pretty weird. why is it all stretched and warped like that... i know drawing electrode as anything but a perfect circle isn't how i would have done it. all of that blurring around the edges of its outline is definitely a little suspicious. must be at least ai assisted.
I am a pidgeot super fan. I've used generators to make pidgeot. It often messes up the hair and tail feathers. I often have to correct this, which is why I said ai assisted. It makes sense to do this for a budget app if the cards aren't getting a physical release. I want this card in my collection. I respect all forms of art.
I don't know who the artist is but they may have been instructed to use it to make the work faster since they must know many won't use the app. Ai is fine. I don't hate it like people here do. I just noticed some things because I know how the bot tends to draw birds.

I am a pidgeot super fan. I've used generators to make pidgeot. It often messes up the hair and tail feathers. I often have to correct this, which is why I said ai assisted. It makes sense to do this for a budget app if the cards aren't getting a physical release. I want this card in my collection. I respect all forms of art.
I don't know who the artist is but they may have been instructed to use it to make the work faster since they must know many won't use the app. Ai is fine. I don't hate it like people here do. I just noticed some things because I know how the bot tends to draw birds.
the hair or tail feathers are not "messed up" here so i don't really see what the big deal is. everything downstream of that specific incorrect observation is entirely unnecessary.

It's not disrespectful, I'm just glad that if it's ai assisted, that TPC respected the time of the artist and inform that that the app may not be successful and to use assistive technology to render images faster. That is a beautiful render of pidgeot only made possible by computer software and hardware. I live gen ai, it's going to allow people to make cool things and I'd that is true here, I'm all for it.

the hair or tail feathers are not "messed up" here so i don't really see what the big deal is. everything downstream of that specific incorrect observation is entirely unnecessary.
I said the bot tends to draw these things wrong on birds. Ai assisted can mean anything. You can draw a base image and feel it to the bot for it to redraw with prompts. You do know this right?

I think so. Some of the cards reuse art, which is fine but some is original. I just don't understand why make a unique full art for pidgeot and keep it digital. It's why I think it's ai assisted because if they aren't going to print it, why not use it to offset cost for an app that's worst ptcg live. Like I said, I would have done some things differently but that is because I'm a pidgeot super fan. The shading and color choices are odd but maybe the artist is training their own bot and birds are hard to draw.

I personally don't care if it's ai. Use that tech and regain time to do something else. This is a godsend and artist should use it.

I don't see anything wrong with the pidgeot art, seems pretty normal to me, just looks like the head feather is being distorted by the winds (if that makes sense)

Back