Standard Format Rotation Announced for April, Expanded Remains Neglected

I still don't believe for one second we're losing escape rope. It's been in format continually since first release in gen 5, I fully expect to see it in SV5.

I still don't believe for one second we're losing escape rope. It's been in format continually since first release in gen 5, I fully expect to see it in SV5.
That's not entirely true is it? It was printed in Burning Shadows (Sun and Moon 3) then not again until Battle Styles, so it was rotated during the release of Darkness Ablaze and Vivid Voltage

It’s going to be a big shakeup with battle vip pass going out. I expect charizard ex to keep dominating after rotation.

Good thing EU championship end before the rotation, I’ll be able to play my deck in those.

Also rip fusion mew, I’ll miss you.
EUIC begins on the date of rotation, not ends. It will be the first championship under the new format.

That's not entirely true is it? It was printed in Burning Shadows (Sun and Moon 3) then not again until Battle Styles, so it was rotated during the release of Darkness Ablaze and Vivid Voltage
That's only because our format had a weird rotation date. Had we already been following Japan's rotation like we do now, Escape Rope would never have rotated.

importantly, they included the following in this year's rotation announcement!! no more dangerous misinformation being spread about multiple regulation marks rotating at once. there was a professor locally that was telling new players that E and F were rotating together and they shouldn't even bother with building any decks with those cards in them.
There was no reason to believe more than one regulation would rotate. If the format was so desperately needing a rotation this bad we would've already gotten an emergency rotation.

That's only because our format had a weird rotation date. Had we already been following Japan's rotation like we do now, Escape Rope would never have rotated.
It would have been gone for a full year, still.

UPR-on (B-on) lacked Rope for the entirety of its existence. TEU-on (C-on) lacked it until BST.

It would have been gone for a full year, still.

UPR-on (B-on) lacked Rope for the entirety of its existence. TEU-on (C-on) lacked it until BST.
I could've sworn Escpae rope was regulation B, but it's actually A. You're right. Maybe we'll get a new one in SV9.

Lol it's so funny you pretend to be a reliable source and openly mock us for having withheld the info for 2 months. You suck. Your loyalty is to us, not TPCi
Brother, go take a breather ad touch some grass

Heatran, Machamp, Kyurem, Regieleki, and Hatterenne are the only vmaxs left.

About Expanded: there is an urgent need for an official SM-ON Format.
Expanded is dead.
SM-on Expanded is actually really cool, even though I miss having some of the older cards. It's much more balanced than BW-on. If I was TPC I would make Expanded SM-on and Legacy BW-XY (since they don't seem to like what they released during the DP/Platinum era).

About Expanded: there is an urgent need for an official SM-ON Format.
Expanded is dead.
Which old cards would you play in it beside some cracked SM trainers like Acerola & Guzma? It'd just be modern standard on steroids.

I could've sworn Escpae rope was regulation B, but it's actually A. You're right. Maybe we'll get a new one in SV9.
It's very likely. Based on their reprint pattern I like to group Escape Rope is in the 'deciduous' class of cards along with Ultra Ball, Energy Recycler, Judge, etc. They're cards that may rotate out for a little bit but will get reprinted in the new standard soon enough.

Back