Starter Pack Combos?

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
I recently bought two Plasma starter decks because I'm trying to get back into the game. I got Psy Crusher (Plasma Freeze) and Solar Strike (Plasma Blast) for £10 each. What possible combinations, out of both decks and using all the cards so I don't waste money, can I make into formidable starting decks?

You can't do a LOT, but sure can get some sort of deck that at least can take a prize against a Meta-deck:

Pokémon
  • 4 Eevee
  • 2 Leafeon
  • 2 Espeon
  • 2 Squirtle
  • 2 Wartortle
  • 1 Blastoise
  • 1 Suicune
  • 3 Snorunt
  • 2 Glalie
  • 1 Froslass
  • 1 Grimer
  • 1 Muk

Trainers:
  • 2 Juniper
  • 2 Cheren
  • 1 Team Plasma Grunt
  • 1 Shadow Triad
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Team Plasma Ball
  • 2 Reversal Trigger
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 4 Energy Search
  • 1 Pokémon Catcher
  • 1 Potion

Energy
  • 12 Water
  • 8 Psychic

It won't win you any tournaments, but it'll be fun to play at leagues, casual play and such. As a suggestion, try to get a Red Genesect Collection, it has a LOT of useful and/or expensive staples such as N, Skyla, Juniper, Ultra Ball... Comes with 2 Booster Packs, All of the cards are Reverse Foil, including the energies and costs around US$20. Hope I could help!! ;)

To be fair I would've bought both eevee decks. I made my current competitive deck by essentially splicing both eeveelution decks. Combining them into one starting deck centered around Eevee. It works wonders and I have since built upon it with cards from packs or tins (such as Deoxys EX). You can get a good solid Eevee set with both.

TokenDuelist said:
To be fair I would've bought both eevee decks. I made my current competitive deck by essentially splicing both eeveelution decks. Combining them into one starting deck centered around Eevee. It works wonders and I have since built upon it with cards from packs or tins (such as Deoxys EX). You can get a good solid Eevee set with both.

That, or even a 2nd Volcarona deck just because of Blastoise, Suicune and the Trainers. XD

Thanks for the help guys! I was also thinking of making my own personal deck to use in leagues and such. If anyone can help me decide, please message me!

Are you looking to make this personal deck out of cards you already own, or starting from scratch?

Back