Status crazy deck?

I'd go with
4 Rainbow
4 Grass (maybe less, idk)
and possibly a couple Psychic.

and for trainers... it should be a fairly regular list.
3x Collector
4x Communication
2x PONT
2x Judge
2x IQ
3x PlusPower
2x Reversal
2x Dual Ball
2x Junk Arm

could be a starting point. Some of the stuff is a bit iffy (not too sure about IQ, or PlusPower, but then I've never played or tested with a HGSS-format. This is all basically guesswork), but it should work as a backbone.

Lawliet said:
What kinda trainer and energy spread should I use for this deck?

Assuming my full pokemon spread is...

pokemon: 21

4-3 Leafeon
2-2 Roserade
2-2 Houndoom
2 Reshiram
1 Umbreon
2 Shaymin
1 Unown Return

so looking for another 39 cards...
for energy i would say
4 rainbow
4 grass
3 fire
3 psychic
/14.
play aroudn with those lines a bit. i wouldnt go more than 14 though. that leaves room for 25 tss. so maybe something like:
3 collector
3 communication
3 elms
4 pont
2 or 3 seeker (reuse shaymin/unown or save a dmged poke on bench)
2 or 3 energy exchanger (gets the much needed rainbow)
1 or 2 flower shop lady
4 plus power
/22-25
if you go on the lower end you can add in some cards of your choice that play into your style or mix in some other peoples suggestions.

this is just my opinion. i may be forget some staple trainers so just an outline. once you have a 60 card list together even if its not perfect, post it on the deck garage forum for some more help. this deck seems to be taking shape, i may have a go at it myself. tried to build one awhile ago but it seems more suited for the upcoming format.

^Well the only real problem with that is that you're hoping to attach a Rainbow Energy to Roserade quite a bit, and maybe only stop to attach a grass energy to Leafeon or something. Unless you run energy acceleration (Celebi Prime?), your energy drops will pretty much be set.

i just dont see an issue getting a basic energy on leafeon. and if lefeon goes down there should be a second one waiting to come out. rescue is just another special energy that you cant get back. but im not saying he shouldnt play them, i just think that the deck doesnt "require" them. might be a bit much energy. but go for it if you want, use some of those extra slots i stated for 2 rescue if you'd like

Oh, wait... Leafeon's attack takes Colorless, not Grass! My bad, my bad, my bad. Take out the grass energy in my backbone and put in Rescue. Sorry about that.

Scizorliscious said:
Oh, wait... Leafeon's attack takes Colorless, not Grass! My bad, my bad, my bad. Take out the grass energy in my backbone and put in Rescue. Sorry about that.

Should I add any darkness energy or dark energy for the umbreon or should the rainbow cover it?

Also the only thing that grass has over rescue is that if you ran out of rainbow for roserade you could still use the confusion abilty by attaching grass energy?

Taking all that into account should the basic energy spread be?

4 rescue
3 fire
4 rainbow
3 psychic
2 grass

or is this too much not enough etc..

Other than that I think trainers should be fairly straight forward and the pokemon lines are already pretty much decided.

Also if you have any suggestions on the lines or trainers feel free to post suggestions as well.

That's probably a bit much.
I think what might be good is:
4 Rainbow
3/4 Rescue
3 Fire
1 Sp. Dark
1 Dark (for against Scizor)

I think you'd be good with that. As long as you run enough Unown R and Seeker, you won't run out of Rainbow energy. What may be a good idea is to run Energy Exchanger; that could help quite a bit. If you did, a few more energy might help.

I'm a bit confused as to the Reshiram being in here. I understand that it's a neat Steelix counter, but I would think Umbreon would work just as well to wall Steelix (or maybe even better). If it were me, I would take that Reshiram line out to create room, and instead run:

4 Rainbow
4 Rescue
1 Grass
1 Psychic
1 Sp. Dark

and then a couple Energy Exchanger.

Scizorliscious said:
That's probably a bit much.
I think what might be good is:
4 Rainbow
3/4 Rescue
3 Fire
1 Sp. Dark

I think you'd be good with that. As long as you run enough Unown R and Seeker, you won't run out of Rainbow energy. What may be a good idea is to run Energy Exchanger; that could help quite a bit. If you did, a few more energy might help.

I'm a bit confused as to the Reshiram being in here. I understand that it's a neat Steelix counter, but I would think Umbreon would work just as well to wall Steelix (or maybe even better). If it were me, I would take that Reshiram line out to create room, and instead run:

4 Rainbow
4 Rescue
1 Grass
1 Psychic
1 Sp. Dark

and then a couple Energy Exchanger.

Should I add another umbreon then if I'm ditching reshiram? Because as of now I only have 1 umbreon.

Personally: 2 houndoom is ok, 3 is probably too thick. I would run 3 leafeon, 2 umbreon, and an espy prime; note that eevees are easily brought back with revive while evos are less recoverable atm. Not saying run revive in here but consider that. Espeon means less status to ko machamp prime.

After Azelf goes away, adding another Umbreon would be a good idea, just to be sure it isn't in your prizes.

Best one I seen was a Dark/Fire deck with Houndoom Prime and Magmortar SV, only bad thing is that Magmortar SV is rotating out soon. There's still one that works great with Emboar (Ability).

Back