Stellar Sylveon ex and Stellar Ceruledge ex Revealed, Several Cards Teased Including Tera Orb and Ho-Oh!

Why is Ceruledge a fire type? I thought the Stellars types were all their actual typing more or less. Especially because Ceruledge has a fire counter-part ! haha
So people wouldn't conflate it with Sylveon. That's what happens when the Fairy Type gets removed.

"Amethyst" Rage. Nice little nod to Amethio from the anime I assume.
Or probably just a reference to the rare earth mineral, more likely.
Where I think the problem is is in Fighting type containing Ground and Rock types. They should make an Earth type or something and split off from Fighting. I never really understood why they were grouped together since they're so different.
Not really different when you think about it. There's enough lore in the series where Fighting has overlap with Rock and Ground. Characters like Bruno, who is basically a martial artist, is known to train in canyon areas as well as owns an Onix along his other Fighting types, and Fighting type Pokémon in general like to use rocky areas to train themselves.

Bruno as a lone example isn't good enough.
Or probably just a reference to the rare earth mineral, more likely.

Not really different when you think about it. There's enough lore in the series where Fighting has overlap with Rock and Ground. Characters like Bruno, who is basically a martial artist, is known to train in canyon areas as well as owns an Onix along his other Fighting types, and Fighting type Pokémon in general like to use rocky areas to train themselves.
Bruno as a lone example isn't enough for me. In the beginning there wasn't enough of them for a split to make sense but at this point Fighting could be it's own type and lumping Rock with Ground is totally fine at least they're similar. Make Fighting more of an orange color and the earth type brown.

I'm what way is that a good
In what way is that a good reason?

...I'm just saying that's the likely reason why they have been grouped together, due to their colour scheme.

But still, other than colour, you can argue that they have similar attributes being hard and physical, and that's good enough to group them together.

Last edited:
Ceruledge seems fine. I think the game plan is to hit chip damage with Abyssal Flames early game, then two-shot finish something with Amethyst rage. Somehow. Maybe Crispin for the non-R attachment, and Mela/Magma Basin + Fire Off Armarogue for the R. Or the hourglass tool since you're already wanting energies in the discard pile anyway. I will bet there's more types of energy accelerant in the future. Then after you finally have all of your energies in the discard pile, one shot something with Abyssal Flames.

A bit convoluted but I think it's par of the course for a starter/theme deck ex Pokemon.

I don't understand why people want to add more types; it just makes deckbuilding more complicated and reduces possible interactions. Combos like Baxcalibur Greninja would be impossible if they hadn't decided to unify Water and Ice types, for example.

The Fighting type is already hard enough to play as it is, so why make it even worse by splitting it in two?

Bruno as a lone example isn't good enough.
Bruno as a lone example isn't enough for me. In the beginning there wasn't enough of them for a split to make sense but at this point Fighting could be it's own type and lumping Rock with Ground is totally fine at least they're similar. Make Fighting more of an orange color and the earth type brown.
The symbol is a fist. Which also represents rock in RPS.

The symbol is a fist. Which also represents rock in RPS.
I actually thought because Fighting types could use Rock and Ground moves quite easily in the games as coverage, but this is a more simpler and flavorful reasoning.

Back