Ruling Steven Advice

Silver_Cyh

er... Hello?
921jx1.jpg

Ex Hidden Legend

831fm7.jpg

Ex Power Keepers

^- Notice the different in text? I am allowed to use the old version as "reprinted" card. But during the game, most player will misunderstand them.

So, can I use the old one, and follow the instruction of the old Steven's Advice? Or must I use the new version, since its requirement is different now?

Old Steven Advice: 6 cards ok, 7 cards ok, 8 cards not ok.
New Steven Advice: 6 cards ok, 7 cards not ok.

So you have to stick with the new card...

Well, according to BWG, you CAN use the old Steven's Advice...
I took this quote from the thread "can i use this"..
Black Winged Gengar said:
You CAN use Steven's Advice from HL, just like it was previously posted you can use Dark/Metal energies all the way back to the Neo sets, but they're read like the most recent print. If the reprint of the card has a very noticable difference that does NOT change gameplay in any form (Unlike the Pikachu example), it may be wise to bring a the newest printed copy from a card dex online just in case, though I've never actually seen anyone ask to see such a thing. Something like as popular as Steven's Advice you probably wouldn't a printed reference for unless it's to remind yourself.

And the problem occurs. Someone might DENY the instruction of the new Steven's Advice with an excuse they haven't get a copy of that.

to not let people misunderstand the card, then you need to think the HL one is Dutch, German or what ever. in that case, have a PK Steven's outside of the field and then when you play the HL one, you let the opponent see the PK one and he/she understands.

Ice Pokemon Master said:
Old Steven Advice: 6 cards ok, 7 cards ok, 8 cards not ok.
New Steven Advice: 6 cards ok, 7 cards not ok.

So you have to stick with the new card...

No one caught this?

Steven's Advice was errata'd a long time ago. Having 7 cards in your hand is NOT OK - you can't play the card if you have 7 cards in your hand. Why do you think the PK version has different text anyway?

The text clearly states the same thing, so using both of them are the same, re-wording the (PK one) text more clearly.

Back