• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Straight Emboar for Battle Roads.

Afro-G

League of Legends: GabTheLacMan
I'm in a bind. I don't normally post in this part of the forum, but I need help. I'm trying to build a list to play at Battle Roads this weekend, but I'm having a whole lot of trouble trying to figure how I can fit everything I want into this deck. I finally thought my list looked great and that I was done, but then I realized I wasn't playing any Emboar (please, PLEASE don't ask) so what I need from you guys is to help me add in a 3/1 Emboar split.
(3 Flare Blitz, 1 Ability or even 4 Flare Blitz if you think it's better).
This is the list that I currently have....

Pokemon: 23

3x Pignite BW #17
4x Tepig BW #15
2x Typhlosion Prime
2x Quilava CoL
2x Cyndaquil HS
2x Ninetales CoL
1x Vulpix PL SH6
1x Vulpix PL #102
3x Spiritomb AR
2x Uxie LA
1x Unown Q MD

T/S/S: 23

3x Bebe's Search
4x Pokemon Collector
3x Judge
1x Twins
1x Fisherman
1x Palmer's Contibution
3x Broken Time-Space
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Rare Candy
2x Switch
1x Energy Retrieval

Energy: 14

10x Fire Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Typhlosion Prime for powering up Emboar easily. Ninetales and Uxie for draw power. Spiritomb to help with setup and slow my opponent down. Bebe's Search, Pokemon Collector, Twins, and Pokemon Communication for search power (obviously). Judge for disruption. Fisherman and Energy Retrieval for getting energy after discarding it. (I may need more.) Everything else should be pretty self explanatory.

Strategy: Setup Emboar and Typhlosion Prime (using Spiritomb) to consistently hit for 150 every turn.
(If you have any other questions just ask, but I pretty much explained everything above.)

Not sure if I am running this quite the way I should be, but I guess that's where you guys come in. Thanks in advance. =)

4-3-4 Emboar (1 Ability/3 Blitz)
2-1-2 Typhlosion
2-2 Ninetales
3 Spiritomb
1 Uxie
1 Unown Q

3 Collector
3 Bebe's
2 Judge
2 Fisherman
1 Twins
3 Broken Time space
2 Candy
2 Switch
2 Retrieval
2 Communication

10 Fire
3 DCE

Reason for changes is i take out 1 uxie since you run ninetales which should give you the draw power, i know 2 uxies is great but we got to make some compromises. Added more fisherman and retrieval since your going to be discarding a lot so getting them back is important. Took out palmers because i just needed to, i think bringing back fire is more vital.

If you want to add things (like the extra DCE) id take out some off the emboar line, making it a 3-3-3 (getting you 2 cards) or a 3-2-3 emboar line (giving you back 3 cards for a DCE, Palmer, and a uxie/judge?).

pokeplayer77 said:
You forgot to put Emboar on your list

read the god damn thread before you post -_-

Anyways.

-2 Uxie
-1 Pokemon Collector
-3 Judge (I'd rather have consistency than disruption)
-1 Broken Time Space
-1 Double Colourless Energy

+3 Interviewer's Questions (consistency)
+4 Emboar (I'd say 3 Flare Bltiz, 1 Ability)
+1 Energy Retrieval

Avacado said:
4-3-4 Emboar (1 Ability/3 Blitz)
2-1-2 Typhlosion
2-2 Ninetales
3 Spiritomb
1 Uxie
1 Unown Q

3 Collector
3 Bebe's
2 Judge
2 Fisherman
1 Twins
3 Broken Time space
2 Candy
2 Switch
2 Retrieval
2 Communication

10 Fire
3 DCE

Reason for changes is i take out 1 uxie since you run ninetales which should give you the draw power, i know 2 uxies is great but we got to make some compromises. Added more fisherman and retrieval since your going to be discarding a lot so getting them back is important. Took out palmers because i just needed to, i think bringing back fire is more vital.

If you want to add things (like the extra DCE) id take out some off the emboar line, making it a 3-3-3 (getting you 2 cards) or a 3-2-3 emboar line (giving you back 3 cards for a DCE, Palmer, and a uxie/judge?).
Thanks for the input. =) I think I will drop a Uxie LA because like you said two is great, but sometimes you have to make big changes to make room for other stuff. I definitely need to add more energy recovery, but I'm thinking 1x Fisherman and 2x Energy Retrival+Typhlosion Prime may be enough when I'm so tight on space. I don't think I can afford to get rid of Palmer's Contribution because I think I need some sort of pokemon recovery and when you think about it, since I'm not playing Expert Belt, my opponent won't be drawing prizes so fast therefore I have an opportunity to play down even more Emboars. (I hope that part made sense)
pokeplayer77 said:

toffeefi said:
pokeplayer77 said:

read the g*ddamned thread before you post -_-

Anyways.

-2 Uxie
-1 Pokemon Collector
-3 Judge (I'd rather have consistency than disruption)
-1 Broken Time Space
-1 Double Colourless Energy

+3 Interviewer's Questions (consistency)
+4 Emboar (I'd say 3 Flare Bltiz, 1 Ability)
+1 Energy Retrieval

Treat this is Reshiboar but without the reshiram. The fast and clean way to do what you want is to use promo shuckle and use seekers, scoop ups and energy retrievers. then you don't need ot set up nintales and typhosion.

I would say to have 2 of each Emboar, since they're both really good. Also, maybe a Shaymin UL or a Lucian's Assignment would help for organising energies.

OK, but I'm sketchy about running 1 ability when he's not running Azelf.

AreoLive said:
Treat this is Reshiboar but without the reshiram. The fast and clean way to do what you want is to use promo shuckle and use seekers, scoop ups and energy retrievers. then you don't need ot set up nintales and typhosion.

im not so sure that promo shuckle is right for this build. yeah its nice to get a draw once a turn. Maybe a Noctowl HS or 2 might be a better fit. with the judges the same hand size is easy enough to hit for 80

once a turn? more like 4 or 5 a turn... you pile energies on it then SSU or seeker to either do it again or rearrange the energy on something else. For the most part, when you set up the energy wont be going on anythign important so even if turn 1 or 2 it's an extra card it will help, because turn 2-3 it's fully set up and ready to go.

Back