Success With Ninjask

MetaArmor

Defender of Lemons
Having everything but the Hydreigons for a Darkrai/Hydreigon deck, I decided to make with what I did get from my booster box. A Ninjask deck. I know the people I am playing aren't world champions, but I have had one amazing win ratio with this deck when i thought it would just be shot down in flames.

For those of you who don't know (if any) Ninjask's ability lets Shedinja be placed on the bench as is. Ninjask attacks for 60 and switches with a bench pokemon, in this case Shedinja. Because Shedinja's ability denies KO's, this keeps Ninjask safe and your opponents prizes untouched if they KO Shedinja. With Shedinja's free retreat, you can just rinse and repeat each turn. I also run hammers, tool scrapers, Sigilyph, etc.

The obvious problem is that they can just catcher around Shedinja. But with Junk Arm gone, this problem is not as big as I originally thought. My biggest threat seems to be Darkrai varients. Besides the obvious darkrai having the ability to KO 3 Ninjask with just 2 attacks if set up well, my problem is Sableye getting back Catchers.

I'm not saying this deck will be competitive, but it is MUCH better than I thought. Somehow I had decent matchups against Eel varients and Garchomp. Any other non-competitive decks I faced were left in the dust today. I guess I can say, with disruption and prize denial, that Ninjask was a league deck killer. Best of all, it is a very fun deck to play.

Another thing is that Ninjask variants have a great matchup against Terrakion-based decks, even if they only run 2-3 Scrapper. With some PlusPower, you can steadily OHKO Terrakions and make sure they don't take a prize. I think it could be a good disruption deck with 1 or 2 Sableye and some Blend GRPD.

o0Flint0o said:
Terrakion MIGHT fit in the deck itself, actually. Just revenge after shedinja.

wow what a good idea! It never even crossed my mind I will definitely try it out! My build also uses energy switch so I can perhaps even play it down from my hand right after a KO

MetaArmor said:
I'm not saying this deck will be competitive, but it is MUCH better than I thought. Somehow I had decent matchups against Eel varients and Garchomp. Any other non-competitive decks I faced were left in the dust today. I guess I can say, with disruption and prize denial, that Ninjask was a league deck killer. Best of all, it is a very fun deck to play.
Add 2-3 Raikou-EX to the Eelektrik list you were playing against and watch the results change. ;)

A good matchup against Garchomp, on the other hand, is basically expected at this point.

registeel will pop up more and hes a KILLER! id watch out for him kills 3 of your ninjasks in 2 turns. in one of my decks i can even set-up registeel's triple laser in turn 1...

you can think of adding aerodactyl (+10 to each attack) too (one hit ko terrakion and 70hp basics)

JayKam said:

you can think of adding aerodactyl (+10 to each attack) too (one hit ko terrakion and 70hp basics)

I think making the room for Aerodactyl isn't worth it when I can be using plus powers, but it doesnt hurt to try.

You only auto-loss if they run 2+ Raikous, Registeel, or Garbador. Other than that you generally have pretty good matchups. I've been testing it and it's not actually too bad. I'm considering tossing in a fire tech to deal with Registeel, but I don't know what that would be yet.

Victini NV #15 is on the same Blend Energy as Ninjask, works well with Ninjask dropping those extra Shedinjas, and is fast enough to take an early lead. It can also Catcher KO Garbodors.

Nice thinking BugManiac. I tried Terrakion and it actually went worse than I expected. Victini may work though since like you said uses the blend energy and works well with the often full bench I get with Ninjask's ability.

I was thinking of teching in a Giratina EX in the mix. The only thing stopping me is the EX rule since my pokemon are so fragile that loosing 2 prizes at once is a huge hit. I don't have any EX in my deck thus far and havent regret it.

In testing, I beat a ZekEels with Raikou by Catchering Eels repeatedly and damaging them with Night Slash, only to finally catcher up something with a big retreat and then sniping around it with Shedinja to take prizes on the Eels you damaged.

TheBugManiac said:
Victini NV #15 is on the same Blend Energy as Ninjask, works well with Ninjask dropping those extra Shedinjas, and is fast enough to take an early lead. It can also Catcher KO Garbodors.

Excellent idea! I was looking for something to tech in to do just those jobs last night, but V-Create Victini never crossed my mind. I'll be adding two of them to my build.

Hey guys. I have recently been building a ninjask deck as well, and was wondering if you had any pointers. my version is using devolution spray to help with speeding up the deck
4-4-4 ninjask
3-3 roserade (le parfum)
2-2 ninetales (bright look)
1 sableye
10 grass energy
4 blend
4 n
3 cheren
2 jupiter
1 cilan
4 devolution spray
4 level ball
2 pokemon communication
2 pokemon catcher
1 super rod

Any sugestions? besides 3-4 catcher lol

4-4-4 line? I thought it was stage one. What blend too. I know that sounds stupid but you might want to explain what blend. And maybe more sableye.

Keeper of Night said:
ElasticSamuri said:
4-4-4 line? I thought it was stage one.

I believe he means; 4 Nincada, 4 Ninjask, 4 Shedninja.

Still should've listed Shedinja separately, IMO.
This deck is really good, but I think I'd throw in Mew EX and Accelgor (DE). And DCE. It stalls, and attacks. Paralyzing is really good and it gives you a better matchup against Keldeo.

Back