• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Suicune/Haxorus/Chatot/Kangaskhan - Some Strange Deck

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't made a deck in so long, I thought I'd give it a try as I need something for after the Rotation of Killing Eels. [RIP Eels T_T]
Suicune/Haxorus/Chatot/Kangaskhan
Pokémon : 17
  • 4 Suicune PLB
  • 4 Axew PLB
  • 4 Haxorus PLB
  • 3 Kangaskhan PLB
  • 2 Chatot PLB
Trainers : 30

• Items
  • 4 Pokémon Catcher
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Silver Mirror
  • 4 Switch
  • 2 Ultra Ball

Ace Spec
  • 1 Computer Search

Supporters
  • 2 Proffesor Juniper
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 2 Skyla

Stadiums
  • 2 Skyarrow Bridge
Energy : 13
  • 4 Blend Energy WLFM DRX
  • 9 Water Energy

Strategy
In a nutshell, I'd call this anti-meta. You have Suicune PLB in play, you give it a Silver Mirror and it's safe from EXs and Plasma Pokémon. Axew/Haxorus PLB is for Anti-Plasma shenanigans, Kangaskhan PLB for dat 100 HP CFFer, and Chatot for being downright annoying. I predict that it has a great matchup against TDK.
[I love how my autocorrect changes Suicune to suicide.]

Any Advice?

1. No Ace-Spec? You'll need a way to access the Blend Energies so I would suggest Computer Search. On that note, if you would consider adding Metal and Fighting energy instead you can draw them all with Cilan, though I'm not sure if it's the best idea to put 3 types of Basic Energy in a deck...

2. Chatot is no doubt annoying but I feel that its use is limited (can't even remove Silver Mirror lol).

3. Silver Bangle is imo better than Silver Mirror (additional 30 damage within your turn, before tool scrapper can get rid of it). G-Booster can shoot through Silver Mirror, and your opponent can just catcher around to damage pokemon without it attached.

4. Everyone would tell you that N and Juniper should be maxed, and I would suggest taking away Iris as well (Haxorus OHKOs Plasma pokemon anyways, so she doesn't make much of a difference).

5. Skyarrow Bridge doesn't really serve a purpose as all Pokemon listed (except Chatot) have a 2-energy retreat cost, unless you're trying to "wash" away Virbank CG and Tropical Beach. Unless you have the means to obtain Tropical Beach I would suggest not putting any stadiums.

ryter78 posted a similar deck not long ago http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-nxd-on-anti-meta-deck-haxorus-and-sigilyph-suicune so go take a look at what others have to say about the idea. :)

chubbyhubby said:
1. No Ace-Spec? You'll need a way to access the Blend Energies so I would suggest Computer Search. On that note, if you would consider adding Metal and Fighting energy instead you can draw them all with Cilan, though I'm not sure if it's the best idea to put 3 types of Basic Energy in a deck...

2. Chatot is no doubt annoying but I feel that its use is limited (can't even remove Silver Mirror lol).

3. Silver Bangle is imo better than Silver Mirror (additional 30 damage within your turn, before tool scrapper can get rid of it). G-Booster can shoot through Silver Mirror, and your opponent can just catcher around to damage pokemon without it attached.

4. Everyone would tell you that N and Juniper should be maxed, and I would suggest taking away Iris as well (Haxorus OHKOs Plasma pokemon anyways, so she doesn't make much of a difference).

5. Skyarrow Bridge doesn't really serve a purpose as all Pokemon listed (except Chatot) have a 2-energy retreat cost, unless you're trying to "wash" away Virbank CG and Tropical Beach. Unless you have the means to obtain Tropical Beach I would suggest not putting any stadiums.

ryter78 posted a similar deck not long ago http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-nxd-on-anti-meta-deck-haxorus-and-sigilyph-suicune so go take a look at what others have to say about the idea. :)

1. I forgot about Ace Specs. brb.
I may use 4 Fighting 5 Water, but I'll have to try it out first.

2. Chatot can get rid of Mirror, it's a Tool Scrapper. Silver mirror deals with the Pokémon it's attached to, not itself.

3. You put Silver Mirror on Suicune and watch our TDK playing opponent cry. Simples.

4. Gonna take out Iris for +1 Juniper and +1 Ace Spec.

5. Skyarrow helps put retreat for everything down to at most 1 and is also a Counter-stadium. I'm keeping it.

Back